New challenges for STI policy from the internationalization of R&D: the case of Russian-German R&D cooperation
AbstractOver the last two decades national policy makers drew special attention to the implementation of policy tools which foster international cooperation in the fields of science, technology, and innovation. In this paper, we look at cases of Russian-German collaborations to examine the initiatives of the Russian government aimed at stimulating the innovation activity of domestic corporations and small and medium enterprises. The data derived from the interviews with companies’ leaders show positive effects of bilateral innovative projects on the overall business performance alongside with major barriers hindering international cooperation. To overcome these barriers we provide specific suggestions relevant to the recently developed Russian Innovation Strategy 2020
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Research University Higher School of Economics in its series HSE Working papers with number WP BRP 02/STI/2012.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in WP BRP Series: Science, Technology and Innovation / STI, December 2012, pages 1-34
science; technology; and innovation policy; small innovative enterprise; stateowned enterprise; international cooperation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchflower, D.G. & Oswald, A., 1991.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Borrás, Susana & Chaminade, Cristina & Edquist, Charles, 2008. "The Challenges of Globalisation: Strategic Choices for Innovation Policy," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2008/9, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Mikhail Gershman & Tatiana Kuznetsova, 2012. "Specificities of Involving Small Enterprises into International S&T Co-operation: Evidence from the Linkages between Russia and Germany," Foresight-Russia, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 51-61.
- Anna Sokolova, 2013. "The integrated approach for Foresight evaluation: the Russian case," HSE Working papers WP BRP 20/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.