AbstractIn this paper we propose a generalization of the comonotonicity notion by introducing and exploring the concept of conditional comonotonicity. We characterize this notion and we show on examples that conditional comonotonicity is the natural extension of the concept of comonotonicity to dynamic settings.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00151516.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Decisions in Economics and Finance, 2005, 27, 2, 153-166
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00151516/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
comonotonicity; dynamic comonotonicity;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001.
"An exploration of the effects of pessimism and doubt on asset returns,"
01-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Abel, Andrew B., 2002. "An exploration of the effects of pessimism and doubt on asset returns," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1075-1092, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001. "An Exploration of the Effects of Pessimism and Doubt on Asset Returns," NBER Working Papers 8132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chateauneuf, A. & Kast, R. & Lapied, A., 1992.
"Choquet Pricing for Financial Markets with Frictions,"
92a11, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- A. Chateauneuf & R. Kast & A. Lapied, 1996. "Choquet Pricing For Financial Markets With Frictions," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 323-330.
- Philip H. Dybvig, 1987.
"Inefficient Dynamic Portfolio Strategies or How to Throw Away a Million Dollars in the Stock Market,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
826R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jan 1988.
- Philip H. Dybvig, 1988. "Inefficient Dynamic Portfolio Strategies or How to Throw Away a Million Dollars in the Stock Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 67-88.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J & Tallarini, Thomas D, Jr, 1999.
"Robust Permanent Income and Pricing,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(4), pages 873-907, October.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Thomas J. Sargent & Thomas D. Tallarini Jr., 1997. "Robust Permanent Income and Pricing," Levine's Working Paper Archive 596, David K. Levine.
- Lars Hansen & Thomas Sargent & Thomas Tallarini, . "Robust Permanent Income and Pricing," GSIA Working Papers 1997-51, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Pok-sang Lam & Stephen G. Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark, 2000.
"Asset Pricing with Distorted Beliefs: Are Equity Returns Too Good to Be True?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 787-805, September.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Pok-sang Lam & Nelson C. Mark, 1998. "Asset Pricing with Distorted Beliefs: Are Equity Returns Too Good To Be True?," NBER Working Papers 6354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Wang, Shaun & Dhaene, Jan, 1998. "Comonotonicity, correlation order and premium principles," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 235-242, July.
- Dybvig, Philip H, 1988.
"Distributional Analysis of Portfolio Choice,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 369-93, July.
- Marco Corazza & A. Malliaris & Elisa Scalco, 2010. "Nonlinear Bivariate Comovements of Asset Prices: Methodology, Tests and Applications," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Wu, Xianyi & Zhou, Xian, 2006. "A new characterization of distortion premiums via countable additivity for comonotonic risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 324-334, April.
- Guillaume Carlier & Rose-Anna Dana & Alfred Galichon, 2012.
"Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R.-A. & Galichon, A., 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 207-229.
- Galichon, Alfred & Dana, Rose-Anne & Carlier, Guillaume, 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9713, Paris Dauphine University.
- Cheung, K.C. & Rong, Yian & Yam, S.C.P., 2014. "Borch’s Theorem from the perspective of comonotonicity," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 144-151.
- Puccetti, Giovanni & Scarsini, Marco, 2010. "Multivariate comonotonicity," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 291-304, January.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4tl22s9mc0p00hch is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Hochrainer-Stigler & N. Lugeri & M. Radziejewski, 2014. "Up-scaling of impact dependent loss distributions: a hybrid convolution approach for flood risk in Europe," Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 70(2), pages 1437-1451, January.
- Marc Rieger, 2011. "Co-monotonicity of optimal investments and the design of structured financial products," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 27-55, January.
- Cheung, Ka Chun, 2008. "Improved convex upper bound via conditional comonotonicity," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 651-655, April.
- Tahir Choulli & Christophe Stricker & Jia Li, 2007. "Minimal Hellinger martingale measures of order q," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 399-427, July.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.