Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property
AbstractS. Kusuoka [K 01, Theorem 4] gave an interesting dual characterizationof law invariant coherent risk measures, satisfying the Fatou property.The latter property was introduced by F. Delbaen [D 02]. In thepresent note we extend Kusuoka's characterization in two directions, thefirst one being rather standard, while the second one is somewhat surprising. Firstly we generalize — similarly as M. Fritelli and E. Rossaza Gianin [FG05] — from the notion of coherent risk measures to the more general notion of convex risk measures as introduced by H. F¨ollmer and A. Schied [FS 04]. Secondly — and more importantly — we show that the hypothesis of Fatou property may actually be dropped as it is automatically implied by the hypothesis of law invariance.We also introduce the notion of the Lebesgue property of a convex risk measure, where the inequality in the definition of the Fatou property is replaced by an equality, and give some dual characterizations of this property.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00176522.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Advances in mathematical economics, 2006, 49-71
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00176522/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Fatou property; risk measures;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clotilde Napp & Elyès Jouini, 2005.
- Volker Krätschmer, 2005. "Robust representation of convex risk measures by probability measures," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 597-608, October.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2007.
"Optimal Risk Sharing for Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions,"
- E. Jouini & W. Schachermayer & N. Touzi, 2008. "Optimal Risk Sharing For Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 269-292.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.