Mark-up and Capital Structure of the Firm facing Uncertainty
AbstractThis note shows that, with pre-set price and capital decisions of firms facing uncertainty and financial market imperfections, price, mark up and the expected degree of capacity utilization (resp. capital) decreases (resp. increases) with the firm internal net worth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) with number halshs-00119409.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Economics Letters, 2001, 74, 99-105
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00119409
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Capital; Pricing; capital market imperfections;
Other versions of this item:
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard, 2001. "Mark-up and capital structure of the firm facing uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 99-105, December.
- Chatelain, 2004. "Mark-up and Capital Structure of the Firm facing Uncertainty," Finance 0404005, EconWPA.
- Chatelain, J.-B., 2001. "Mark-up and Capital Structure of the Firm facing Uncertainty," Working papers 84, Banque de France.
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Monopoly
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kahn, James A, 1992. "Why Is Production More Volatile Than Sales? Theory and Evidence on the Stockout-Avoidance Motive for Inventory-Holding," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 481-510, May.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Moore, John, 1997.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 211-48, April.
- Ryo Kato, 2003. "Matlab code for Kiyotaki-Moore credit cycles," QM&RBC Codes 113, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 1995. "Credit Cycles," NBER Working Papers 5083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Moore & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, . "Credit Cycles," Discussion Papers 1995-5, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Judith A. Chevalier & David S. Scharfstein, 1994.
"Capital Market Imperfections and Countercyclical Markups: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
4614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, Judith A & Scharfstein, David S, 1996. "Capital-Market Imperfections and Countercyclical Markups: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 703-25, September.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1995.
"A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
3906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1994. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 841-79, November.
- Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1991. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," Working papers 592, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1987. "Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 375-94, May.
- Klemperer, Paul D, 1987. "Entry Deterrence in Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 99-117, Supplemen.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010.
"The Profit-Investment-Unemployment Nexus And Capacity Utilization In A Stock-Flow Consistent Model,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 454-472, 07.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010. "The Profit-Investment-Unemployment nexus and Capacity Utilization in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00645155, HAL.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten & Bruno, Amable, 2010.
"Patents as Collateral,"
44698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amable, Bruno & Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten, 2010. "Patents as collateral," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1092-1104, June.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten & Amable, Bruno, 2010. "Patents as Collateral," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.