Barganing in International Trade under Exchange Rate Uncertainty
AbstractThis paper examines the implications of various contracting alternatives between exporting and importing firms on the volume of international transactions. The contracts that we study are determined in a bargaining situation under exchange-rate uncertainty. First we look at contracts which entail an ex ante commitment on price and quantity of exports without the possibility of renegotiation ex post. Second, spot contracts, i.e., the price and the quantity of exports are negotiated after the exchange the rate is known. A third type of contracts consists of ex ante commitment and ex post renegotiation. Copyright 1995 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tel Aviv in its series Papers with number 13-93.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/research/foerder.asp
More information through EDIRC
trade ; exchange rate;
Other versions of this item:
- Donnenfeld, Shabtai & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1995. "Bargaining in International Trade under Exchange-Rate Uncertainty," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 249-63, October.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Friberg, Richard & Wilander, Fredrik, 2007. "Price Setting Transactions and the Role of Denominating Currency in FX Markets," Working Paper Series 201, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Ligthart, Jenny E. & Werner, Sebastian E.V., 2012.
"Has the euro affected the choice of invoicing currency?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1551-1573.
- Ligthart, Jenny E. & Werner, Sebastian E. V., 2012. "Has the Euro affected the choice of invoicing currency?," Working Paper Series 1414, European Central Bank.
- Jenny E. Ligthart & Sebastian E. V. Werner, 2011. "Has the Euro Affected the Choice of Invoicing Currency?," CAMA Working Papers 2011-03, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jenny Ligthart & Sebastian E. V. Werner, 2010. "Has the Euro Affected the Choice of Invoicing Currency?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3058, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ligthart, J.E. & Werner, S.E.V., 2010. "Has the Euro Affected the Choice of Invoicing Currency?," Discussion Paper 2010-48, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Friberg, Richard, 1996. "On the Role of Pricing Exports in a Third Currency," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 128, Stockholm School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.