Implementing Tests with Correct Size in the Simultaneous Equation Model
AbstractThis paper fixes size distortions of tests for structural parameters in the simultaneous equations model by computing critical value functions based on the conditional distribution of test statistics. The conditional tests can then be used to construct informative confidence regions for the structural parameter with correct coverage probability. Commands to implelment these tests in Stata are also introduced.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Harvard - Institute of Economic Research in its series Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers with number 1993.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Marcelo J. Moreira & Brian P. Poi, 2003. "Implementing tests with correct size in the simultaneous equations model," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 57-70, March.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 1997. "Some Impossibility Theorems in Econometrics with Applications to Structural and Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1365-1388, November.
- Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & Murphy, Adrianna & McKee, Martin, 2013. "Estimating the causal effect of alcohol consumption on well-being for a cross-section of 9 former Soviet Union countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 1-7.
- Chun, Hyunbae & Kim, Jung-Wook & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 2008.
"Creative destruction and firm-specific performance heterogeneity,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 109-135, July.
- Hyunbae Chun & Jung-Wook Kim & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2007. "Creative Destruction and Firm-Specific Performance Heterogeneity," NBER Working Papers 13011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Mikusheva & Brian P. Poi, 2006. "Tests and confidence sets with correct size when instruments are potentially weak," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(3), pages 335-347, September.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2007.
"Enhanced routines for instrumental variables/GMM estimation and testing,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
667, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 05 Sep 2007.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2007. "Enhanced routines for instrumental variables/GMM estimation and testing," CERT Discussion Papers 0706, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Brian P. Poi, 2006. "Jackknife instrumental variables estimation in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(3), pages 364-376, September.
- Sen, Anindya & Rybczynski, Kathleen & Van De Waal, Corey, 2011. "Teen employment, poverty, and the minimum wage: Evidence from Canada," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 36-47, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.