Prointegrative subsidies and their effect on housing markets: do race- based loans work?
AbstractAn analysis of the effects of race-based housing subsidies on racial composition and housing prices, examining their impacts in Shaker Heights, Ohio.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its series Working Paper with number 9018.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diamond, Douglas Jr. & Smith, Barton A., 1985. "Simultaneity in the market for housing characteristics," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 280-292, May.
- Linneman, Peter, 1980. "Some empirical results on the nature of the hedonic price function for the urban housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 47-68, July.
- Brown, James N & Rosen, Harvey S, 1982.
"On the Estimation of Structural Hedonic Price Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 765-68, May.
- James N. Brown & Harvey S. Rosen, 1982. "On the Estimation of Structural Hedonic Price Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1988.
"Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 981-89, July.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1985. "Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects," Working Papers 617, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Pollakowski, Henry O., 1981. "Choice of functional form for hedonic price equations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-49, July.
- King, A Thomas & Mieszkowski, Peter, 1973. "Racial Discrimination, Segregation, and the Price of Housing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 590-606, May-June.
- Ellickson, Bryan, 1981. "An alternative test of the hedonic theory of housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 56-79, January.
- Witte, Ann D & Sumka, Howard J & Erekson, Homer, 1979. "An Estimate of a Structural Hedonic Price Model of the Housing Market: An Application of Rosen's Theory of Implicit Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1151-73, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Quigley, John M., 1982. "Nonlinear budget constraints and consumer demand: An application to public programs for residential housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 177-201, September.
- Harrison, David Jr. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1978. "Hedonic housing prices and the demand for clean air," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 81-102, March.
- John Yinger, 1978. "The Black-White Price Differential in Housing: Some Further Evidence," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(2), pages 187-206.
- Epple, Dennis, 1987. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Estimating Demand and Supply Functions for Differentiated Products," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 59-80, February.
- George C. Galster, 1982. "Black and White Preferences for Neighborhood Racial Composition," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 10(1), pages 39-66.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1987. "The Estimation of Demand Parameters in Hedonic Price Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Ann B. Schnare & Raymond J. Struyk, 1977. "An Analysis of Ghetto Housing Prices over Time," NBER Chapters, in: Residential Location and Urban Housing Markets, pages 95-138 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schafer, Robert, 1979. "Racial discrimination in the Boston housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 176-196, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.