The economic impact of ageing populations in the EU25 Member States
AbstractThis paper presents an assessment of the overall economic impact of ageing for the EU Member States. It draws upon the macroeconomic assumptions developed by the Ageing Working Group attached to the Economic Policy Committee and the Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs for the purpose of making age-related expenditure projections. The paper presents and analyses projections of the impact of ageing populations on the labour market using a refined cohort approach by age and gender, as well as projections for potential economic growth rates up to 2050.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission in its series European Economy - Economic Papers with number 236.
Length: 57 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Coomunivcations Unit, B-1049 Bruxelles / Brussels
Fax: +32 2 298.08.23
Web page: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/index_en.htm
More information through EDIRC
ageing population; pension reforms; productivity; labour force; GDP growth; production function; long-term projections; Carone; Costello; Diez Guardia; Mourre; Przywara; Salomaki;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulus, Alari & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009.
"The distributional impact of in kind public benefits in European countries,"
EUROMOD Working Papers
EM10/09, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Alari Paulus & Holly Sutherland & Panos Tsakloglou, 2010. "The distributional impact of in-kind public benefits in European countries," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 243-266.
- Paulus, Alari & Sutherland, Holly & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009. "The Distributional Impact of In Kind Public Benefits in European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4581, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fuchs, Johann & Weber, Enzo, 2013.
"A new look at the discouragement and the added worker hypotheses : applying a trend-cycle decomposition to unemployment,"
IAB Discussion Paper
201301, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Johann Fuchs & Enzo Weber, 2013. "A new look at the discouragement and the added worker hypotheses: applying a trend--cycle decomposition to unemployment," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(15), pages 1374-1378, October.
- Carone, Giuseppe & Nicodème, Gaëtan & Schmidt, Jan, 2007.
"Tax revenues in the European Union: Recent trends and challenges ahead,"
3996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Carone & Jan Host Schmidt & Gaetan Nicodeme, 2007. "Tax revenues in the European Union: Recent trends and challenges ahead," European Economy - Economic Papers 280, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Paolo Biraschi & Lorenzo Codogno & Federico Giammusso & Manuela Nenna & Juan Pradelli, . "Are Italy's public finances sustainable? The role of demographics, productivity, and labour markets," Working Papers wp2008-6, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Carone, Giuseppe & Denis, Cécile & Mc Morrow, Kieran & Mourre, Gilles & Röger, Werner, 2006.
"Long-term labour productivity and GDP projections for the EU25 Member States : a production function framework,"
744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Carone & C�cile Denis & Kieran Mc Morrow & Gilles Mourre & Werner R�ger, 2006. "Long-term labour productivity and GDP projections for the EU25 Member States : a production function framework," European Economy - Economic Papers 253, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Mateusz Walewski, 2007. "Analysis of cross-country differences in the shape of the age-wage relationship with an attempt to tackle age-productivity differences within the EU," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0351, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.