Agricultural Insurance in India: Problems and Prospects
AbstractThe challenges of providing insurance to Indian agricultural sector in a manner that is both meaningful and sustaining. Critical assessment of the existing initiative and present possible options for improvement are presented. [NABARD Occasional Paper No. 44]. URL:[http://www.nabard.org/fileupload/DataBank/OccasionalPapers/OC%2044.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4840.
Date of creation: Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE; India; principal risks; Pilot Crop; Development; history; management; Comprehensive Crop Insurance Scheme (CCIS); Livestock; seed; weather; rainfall; India; Claim Premium Ratio; farmers; season; crops; Beneficiaries; rainfall;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richards, Timothy J., 2000.
"A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Richards, Timothy J., 1998. "A Two Stage Model of the Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," Working Papers 28546, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Knox, Lyle & Richards, Timothy J., 1999. "A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21681, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- JunJie Wu, 1999. "Crop Insurance, Acreage Decisions, and Nonpoint-Source Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 305-320.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Hennessy, David A., 1996.
"Input Demand Under Yield and Revenue Insurance,"
Staff General Research Papers
794, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bruce A. Babcock & Joseph A. Herriges, 1994. "Input Demand Under Yield and Revenue Insurance," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 94-wp127, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Vincent H. Smith & Barry K. Goodwin, 1996. "Crop Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Agricultural Chemical Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 428-438.
- K.B. Hamal & Jock R. Anderson, 1982.
"A Note On Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion Among Farmers In Nepal,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(3), pages 220-225, December.
- Hamal, K.B. & Anderson, Jock R., 1982. "A Note On Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion Among Farmers In Nepal," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(03), December.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Islam, Zahirul, 1995. "Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35, April.
- Steven D. Hanson & Robert J. Myers & J. Roy Black, 1998. "The Effects of Crop Yield Insurance Designs on Farmer Participation and Welfare," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 806-820.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.