Agricultural Insurance in India: Problems and Prospects
AbstractThe challenges of providing insurance to Indian agricultural sector in a manner that is both meaningful and sustaining. Critical assessment of the existing initiative and present possible options for improvement are presented. [NABARD Occasional Paper No. 44]. URL:[http://www.nabard.org/fileupload/DataBank/OccasionalPapers/OC%2044.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4840.
Date of creation: Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE; India; principal risks; Pilot Crop; Development; history; management; Comprehensive Crop Insurance Scheme (CCIS); Livestock; seed; weather; rainfall; India; Claim Premium Ratio; farmers; season; crops; Beneficiaries; rainfall;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
- Knox, Lyle & Richards, Timothy J., 1999.
"A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance,"
1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN
21681, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Richards, Timothy J., 2000. "A Two-Stage Model Of The Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Richards, Timothy J., 1998. "A Two Stage Model of the Demand For Specialty Crop Insurance," Working Papers 28546, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Steven D. Hanson & Robert J. Myers & J. Roy Black, 1998. "The Effects of Crop Yield Insurance Designs on Farmer Participation and Welfare," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 806-820.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Islam, Zahirul, 1995. "Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35, April.
- JunJie Wu, 1999. "Crop Insurance, Acreage Decisions, and Nonpoint-Source Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 305-320.
- Bruce A. Babcock & Joseph A. Herriges, 1994.
"Input Demand Under Yield and Revenue Insurance,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
94-wp127, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hamal, K.B. & Anderson, Jock R., 1982.
"A Note On Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion Among Farmers In Nepal,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(03), December.
- K.B. Hamal & Jock R. Anderson, 1982. "A Note On Decreasing Absolute Risk Aversion Among Farmers In Nepal," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(3), pages 220-225, December.
- Vincent H. Smith & Barry K. Goodwin, 1996. "Crop Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Agricultural Chemical Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 428-438.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.