Endogenous preemption on both sides of a market
AbstractWe study a market in which both buyers and sellers can decide to preempt and set their quantities before market clearing. Will this lead to preemption on both sides of the market, only one side of the market, or to no preemption at all? We find that preemption tends to be asymmetric in the sense that it is restricted to only one side of the market (buyers or sellers).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group in its series Papers on Strategic Interaction with number 2005-25.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Güth, W. & Müller, W. & Potters, J.J.M., 2006. "Endogenous preemption on both sides of a market," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-192941, Tilburg University.
- Güth, W. & Müller, W. & Potters, J.J.M., 2005. "Endogenous Preemption on Both Sides of a Market," Discussion Paper 2005-92, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric van Damme & Sjaak Hurkens, 1996.
"Endogenous Stackelberg leadership,"
Economics Working Papers
190, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Damme, E.E.C. van & Hurkens, S., 1998. "Endogenous Stackelberg leadership," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80496, Tilburg University.
- Damme, E.E.C. van & Hurkens, J.P.M., 1996. "Endogenous Stackelberg Leadership," Discussion Paper 1996-115, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Damme, E.E.C. van & Hurkens, J.P.M., 1999. "Endogenous Stackelberg leadership," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154410, Tilburg University.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Engers, Maxim, 1992. "Stackelberg versus Cournot oligopoly equilibrium," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 127-135, March.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1999. "Quantity-setting oligopoly with endogenous sequencing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 289-296, February.
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988.
"Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria,"
88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990. "Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Saloner, Garth, 1987. "Cournot duopoly with two production periods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 183-187, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Richter).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.