Technical Description of Eur3: A Prototype European Tax-Benefit Model
AbstractThis research note describes the three national modules used in Eur3, a prototype three country microsimulation model covering France, Italy and the United Kingdom. This prototype was part of a preliminary study to investigate the feasibility of constructing a large scale 15 country model for the whole European Union. The prototype model has been used in Bourguignon et al. (1997) to carry out a number of European wide reforms, including European wide Child Benefits and Basic Incomes and reforms to social insurance contributions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Microsimulation Unit at the Institute for Social and Economic Research in its series Microsimulation Unit Research Notes with number MU/RN/25.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RAB Butler Building, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, ESSEX C04 3SQ
Phone: +44 (0)1206 872957
Fax: +44 (0)1206 873151
Web page: https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/euromod/microsimulation-unit
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Martin Evans, 1998. "Recasting Safety Nets: Reforming Social Assistance in Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom," Papers WP098, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Callan T & O'donoghue C & Sutherland H, 1999. "Comparative Analysis of Basic Income Proposals: UK and Ireland," Microsimulation Unit Research Notes MU/RN/31, Microsimulation Unit at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Bouguignon, F. & Chiappori, P. A., 1988. "What do we learn about tax reform from international comparisons? France and Britain," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 343-352, March.
- Bourguignon, F. & O'Donoghue, C. & Sastre-Descals, J. & Spadaro, A. & Utili, F., 1997.
"Eur 3: A Prototype European Tax-Benefit Model,"
DELTA Working Papers
97-30, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Donoghue, C. & Evans, M., 1998. "Recasting Safety Nets: Reforming Social Assistance in Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9817, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Callan, Tim & Sutherland, Holly, 1997. "The impact of comparable policies in European countries: Microsimulation approaches," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 627-633, April.
- Xisco Oliver & Amedeo Spadaro, 2004. "Descripción técnica del modelo de microsimulación del sistema fiscal español “GLADHISPANIA”," DEA Working Papers 7, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- repec:ese:emodwp:em0-99 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ese:emodwp:em2-99 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xisco Oliver & Amedeo Spadaro, 2003. "¿Renta Mínima o Mínimo Vital? Un Análisis sobre los Efectos Redistributivos de Posibles Reformas del Sistema Impositivo Español," DEA Working Papers 1, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Cathal O'Donoghue, 1999. "Estimating the Rate of Return to Education using Microsimulation," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(3), pages 249-265.
- repec:ese:emodwp:em1-99 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Groves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.