Eur 3: A Prototype European Tax-Benefit Model
AbstractA prototype multicoutry static microsimulation model has benn built to simulate tax and social benefits in a number of European countries. This part of a prepatory study funded by the the EC to examine the possibility of builiding a comprehensive EU wide integrated microsimulation model. The countries considered in the first stage of the project are: France, Italy and the United Kingdom. A large effort was made in integrating the data sets and modelling the policy instruments in a comparative structure. This paper describes what characterizes such a model compared with existing national models and outlines some of the issues encountered. A number of policy experiments were carried out, including the introduction of national Basic Incomes, a Europe- wide child support reform, and a reduction in social insurance contributions for the low paid. The results shed light on strong cross-national differences in existing fiscal systems and relative income distributions in the three countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 97-30.
Length: 48 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in A. Gupta et V. Kapur (eds), Microsimulation in Government Policy and Forecasting, North-Holland, 2000, pp. 173-201
GOVERNMENT ; FISCAL POLICY;
Other versions of this item:
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colombino, Ugo & Locatelli, Marilena & Narazani, Edlira & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Shima, Isilda, 2008.
"Behavioural and welfare effects of basic income policies: a simulation for European countries,"
EUROMOD Working Papers
EM5/08, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ugo Colombino & Marilena Locatelli & Edlira Narazani & Cathal O’Donoghue & Isilda Shima, 2008. "Behavioural and Welfare Effects of Basic Income Policies: A Simulation for European Countries," CHILD Working Papers wp03_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian, 2006.
"In-work policies in Europe: Killing two birds with one stone?,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 667-697, December.
- Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian, 2004. "In-work policies in Europe: killing two birds with one stone?," EUROMOD Working Papers EM4/04, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Olivier Bargain & Kristian Orsini, 2004. "In-work policies in Europe: killing two birds with one stone?," DELTA Working Papers 2004-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian, 2004. "In-Work Policies in Europe: Killing Two Birds with One Stone?," IZA Discussion Papers 1445, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bourguignon F & O'donoghue C & Sastre-descals J & Spadaro A & Utili F, 1998. "Technical Description of Eur3: A Prototype European Tax-Benefit Model," Microsimulation Unit Research Notes MU/RN/25, Microsimulation Unit at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Anne-Gisèle Privat, 2005. "L'avenir des retraites en France: Evalutation de l'impact des réformes de 1993 et de 2033 à l'aide du modèle de microsimulation Artémis," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/f4rshpf3v1u, Sciences Po.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006.
"Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies,"
20, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006. "Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 77-106, April.
- François Bourguignon & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590863, HAL.
- François Legendre, 2004. "Micro-simulation et évaluation des politiques économiques et sociale : un panorama des développements récents en France," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 0(1), pages 17-53.
- Immervoll, Herwig & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2001.
"Towards a multi purpose framework for tax benefit microsimulation,"
EUROMOD Working Papers
EM2/01, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Herwig Immervoll & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2003. "Towards A Multi-Purpose Framework For Tax-Benefit Microsimulation," Computational Economics 0302002, EconWPA.
- Xisco Oliver & Amedeo Spadaro, 2004. "Descripción técnica del modelo de microsimulación del sistema fiscal español “GLADHISPANIA”," DEA Working Papers 7, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Colombino, Ugo & Strøm, Steinar, 2003.
"Do More Equal Slices Shrink the Cake? An Empirical Investigation of Tax-Transfer Reform Proposals in Italy,"
37/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Rolf Aaberge & Ugo Colombino & Steinar Strøm, 2004. "Do more equal slices shrink the cake? An empirical investigation of tax-transfer reform proposals in Italy," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 767-785, December.
- Müller, Heiko & Sureth, Caren, 2007. "Group simulation and income tax statistics: how big is the error?," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 24, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Rolf Aaberge & Ugo Colombino & Steinar Strøm & Tom Wennemo, 2005. "Joint Labour Supply of Married Couples: Efficiency and Distribution Effects of Tax and Labour Market Reforms," Labor and Demography 0501004, EconWPA.
- Xisco Oliver & Amedeo Spadaro, 2003. "¿Renta Mínima o Mínimo Vital? Un Análisis sobre los Efectos Redistributivos de Posibles Reformas del Sistema Impositivo Español," DEA Working Papers 1, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Sutherland, Holly, 2001. "EUROMOD: an integrated European benefit-tax model: final report," EUROMOD Working Papers EM9/01, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.