The Effects of Demographics on the Japanese Housing Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University in its series ISER Discussion Paper with number 0391.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
DEMOGRAPHY; SAVINGS; JAPAN; INVESTMENTS; HOUSING;
Other versions of this item:
- Ohtake, Fumio & Shintani, Mototsugu, 1996. "The effect of demographics on the Japanese housing market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 189-201, April.
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Poterba, James M., 1991. "House prices and demographic change: Canadian evidence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 539-546, December.
- Thomas A. Barthold & Takatoshi Ito, 1991.
"Bequest Taxes and Accumulation of Household Wealth: U.S.-Japan Comparison,"
Discussion Paper Series
a233, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Thomas A. Barthold & Takatoshi Ito, 1992. "Bequest Taxes and Accumulation of Household Wealth: U.S.-Japan Comparison," NBER Chapters, in: The Political Economy of Tax Reform, NBER-EASE Volume 1, pages 235-292 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas A. Barthold & Takatoshi Ito, 1991. "Bequest Taxes and Accumulation of Household Wealth: U.S. - Japan Comparison," NBER Working Papers 3692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Tom Doan, . "KPSS: RATS procedure to perform KPSS (Kwiatowski, Phillips, Schmidt, and Shin) stationarity test," Statistical Software Components RTS00100, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weil, David N., 1989.
"The baby boom, the baby bust, and the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-258, May.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1990. "The Baby Boom, The Baby Bust, and the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 2794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard K. Green & Patric H. Hendershott, 1993.
"Demographic Factors and Real House Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
4332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yoshikawa, Hiroshi & Ohtaka, Fumio, 1989. "An analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 997-1023, May.
- Swan, Craig, 1995. "Demography and the demand for housing A reinterpretation of the Mankiw-Weil demand variable," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 41-58, February.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Hendershott, Patric H., 1991.
"Are real house prices likely to decline by 47 percent?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 553-563, December.
- Patric H. Hendershott, 1991. "Are Real House Prices Likely to Decline by 47 Percent?," NBER Working Papers 3880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel L. McFadden, 1994. "Demographics, the Housing Market, and the Welfare of the Elderly," NBER Chapters, in: Studies in the Economics of Aging, pages 225-288 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holland, A. Steven, 1991. "The baby boom and the housing market: Another look at the evidence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 565-571, December.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Ando, Albert & Ferris, Richard, 1988. "Life cycle and bequest savings A study of Japanese and U.S. households based on data from the 1984 NSFIE and the 1983 survey of consumer finances," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 450-491, December.
- Begoña Eguía & Cruz Angel Echevarría, . "Estructura de la edad poblacional e inversión residencial en España," Studies on the Spanish Economy 119, FEDEA.
- Mototsugu Fukushige & Noriko Ishikawa, 2013. "Targeted Standards for Floor Space in a Government Housing Plan: an Empirical Investigation of the Kanto Area in Japan," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(2), pages 208-229.
- Gabriel Lee & Philipp Schmidt-Dengler & Bernhard Felderer & Christian Helmenstein, 2001. "Austrian Demography and Housing Demand: Is There a Connection," Empirica, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 259-276, September.
- ARSLAN, Yavuz & CERİTOĞLU, Evren & KANIK, Birol, 2013.
"Nüfus Yapısındaki Değişimlerin Uzun Dönem Konut Talebi Üzerindeki Etkileri
[The Effects of Demographic Changes on the Long Term Housing Demand in Turkey]," MPRA Paper 52013, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Dec 2013.
- Yumi Saita & Chihiro Shimizu & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2013. "Aging and Real Estate Prices: Evidence from Japanese and US Regional Data," CARF F-Series CARF-F-334, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Arno Vlist & Daniel Czamanski & Henk Folmer, 2011. "Immigration and urban housing market dynamics: the case of Haifa," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 585-598, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.