An Analysis of the Accuracy of Four Macroeconometric Models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University in its series Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers with number 492.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1978
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Political Economy (1979), 87(4): 702-718
Note: CFP 489.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA
Phone: (203) 432-3702
Fax: (203) 432-6167
Web page: http://cowles.econ.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Cowles Foundation, Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA
Other versions of this item:
- Fair, Ray C, 1979. "An Analysis of the Accuracy of Four Macroeconometric Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 701-18, August.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fair, Ray C, 1972. "Efficient Estimation of Simultaneous Equations with Auto-Regressive Errors by Instrumental Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(4), pages 444-49, November.
- Brundy, James M & Jorgenson, Dale W, 1971. "Efficient Estimation of Simultaneous Equations by Instrumental Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(3), pages 207-24, August.
- Gregory Chow & Ray C. Fair, 1973. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Linear Equation Systems with Auto-Regressive Residuals," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 2, number 1, pages 16-27 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Brundy & Dale W. Jorgenson, 1971. "Efficient estimation of simultaneous equations by instrumental variables," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 3, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ford, Stephen A., 1986. "A Beginner'S Guide To Vector Autoregression," Staff Papers 13527, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sanford Grossman & Laurence Weiss, 1980.
"Heterogeneous Information and the Theory of the Business Cycle,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
558, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Weiss, Laurence, 1982. "Heterogeneous Information and the Theory of the Business Cycle," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 699-727, August.
- S. Grossman & L. Weiss, . "Heterogeneous Information and the Theory of the Business Cycle," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Barro, Robert J., 1981.
"Intertemporal substitution and the business cycle,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 237-268, January.
- David E. Runkle, 1987. "Vector autoregressions and reality," Staff Report 107, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John A. James, 1985. "Shifts in the Nineteenth-Century Phillips Curve Relationship," NBER Working Papers 1587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manfred Deistler & Klaus Neusser, 2004. "Prognose uni- und multivariater Zeitreihen," Diskussionsschriften dp0401, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Ramey, Garey, 2004.
"Regime switching and monetary policy measurement,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1577-1597, November.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Ramey, Garey, 2001. "Regime Switching and Monetary Policy Measurement," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt24q32688, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Michael Owyang & Garey Ramey, 2003. "Regime switching and monetary policy measurement," Working Papers 2001-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Vivek Ghosal & Prakash Loungani, 1995.
"Evidence on nominal wage rigidity from a panel of U.S. manufacturing industries,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
512, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ghosal, Vivek & Loungani, Prakash, 1996. "Evidence on Nominal Wage Rigidity from a Panel of U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 650-68, November.
- Ali F. Darrat, 1988. "Rational Expectations and the Role of Monetary Policy: Some Tests Based on the Fisher Equation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 211-219, Jul-Sep.
- Landon, Stuart, 1995. "Testing aggregate neutrality with heterogeneous sectors," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 131-148.
- Francisco F. R. Ramos, 1996. "VAR Priors: Success or lack of a decent macroeconomic theory?," Econometrics 9601002, EconWPA.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982.
"Does Anticipated Aggregate Demand Policy Matter? Further Econometric Results,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 788-802, September.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1981. "Does Anticipated Aggregate Demand Policy Matter? Further Econometric results," NBER Working Papers 0789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yochanan Shachmurove, 2001. "Dynamic Co-movements of Stock Indices: The Emerging Middle Eastern and the United States Markets," Penn CARESS Working Papers ddffc4204cf90a8523fb64134, Penn Economics Department.
- Flood, Robert P & Hodrick, Robert J, 1985.
"Optimal Price and Inventory Adjustment in an Open-Economy Model of the Business Cycle,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 100(5), pages 887-914, Supp..
- Robert P. Flood & Robert J. Hodrick, 1983. "Optimal Price and Inventory Adjustment in an Open-Economy Model of the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 1089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1990. "Deflating the case for zero inflation," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 2-11.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Mauro Costantini & Jaroslava Hlouskova, 2014. "Can Macroeconomists Get Rich Forecasting Exchange Rates?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp176, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Glena Ames).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.