Long Run and Short Effects in Static Panel Models
AbstractFor short and fat panels the Mundlak model can be viewed as an approximation of a general dynamic autoregressive distributed lag model. We give an exact interpretation of short run and long effects and provide simulations to assess the quality of the approximation of the long run and short run effects by the parameters of the Mundlak Model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Conferences on Panel Data in its series 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 with number B6-2.
Date of creation: Mar 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Random Effects Models; Mundlak Model; Panel Econometrics;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Wyhowski, Donald, 1992. "Simultaneous equations and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 151-181.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 1991. "A transformation that will circumvent the problem of autocorrelation in an error-component model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 385-393, June.
- Pirotte, Alain, 1999. "Convergence of the static estimation toward the long run effects of dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 151-158, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1971. "The Estimation of the Variances in a Variance-Components Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 12(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1984. "Short and Long Run Effects in Pooled Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 631-45, October.
- Schwarze, Johannes & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2005.
"What Can Happiness Research Tell Us About Altruism? Evidence from the German Socio-Economic Panel,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1487, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Johannes Schwarze & Rainer Winkelmann, 2005. "What Can Happiness Research Tell Us about Altruism?: Evidence from the German Socio-Economic Panel," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 475, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Johannes Schwarze & Rainer Winkelmann, 2005. "What can happiness research tell us about altruism? Evidence from the German Socio-Economic Panel," SOI - Working Papers 0503, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Sep 2005.
- Stern, David I., 2009.
"Between Estimates of the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
94883, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- David I.Stern, 2009. "Between estimates of the environmental Kuznets curve," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 0934, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- David I. Stern, 2010. "Between Estimates of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," CAMA Working Papers 2010-04, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Völz, Manja & Wedow, Michael, 2009. "Does banks size distort market prices? Evidence for too-big-to-fail in the CDS market," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,06, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- INSEL, Aysu & TEKCE, Mahmut, 2010.
"Econometric analysis of the bilateral trade flows in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries,"
22130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- INSEL, Aysu & TEKCE, Mahmut, 2010. "Econometric Analysis of the Bilateral Trade Flows in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries," MPRA Paper 22184, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Egger & Hannes Winner, 2003. "Does Contract Risk Impede Foreign Direct Investment?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(II), pages 155-172, June.
- Ludsteck, Johannes, 2008. "Wage cyclicality and the wage curve under the microscope," IAB Discussion Paper 200811, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sune Karlsson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.