Information on Worker Ability: An Analysis of Inverstment Within the Firm
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UCLA Department of Economics in its series UCLA Economics Working Papers with number 375.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 1985
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.ucla.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Waldman, Michael, 1989. "Information on worker ability : An analysis of investment within the firm," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 57-80.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979.
"Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-90, October.
- MacDonald, Glenn M, 1980. "Person-Specific Information in the Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 578-97, June.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Ricart i Costa, Joan, 1986.
"Managerial Incentives and Capital Management,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 835-60, November.
- Guasch, J Luis & Weiss, Andrew, 1982. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Wage-Productivity Gaps," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 485-97, October.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Harris, Milton & Holstrom, Bengt, 1982.
"A Theory of Wage Dynamics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 315-33, July.
- Prescott, Edward C & Visscher, Michael, 1980. "Organization Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 446-61, June.
- Stephen Ross & Paul Taubman & Michael L. Wachter, 1981. "Learning by Observing and the Distribution of Wages," NBER Chapters, in: Studies in Labor Markets, pages 359-386 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnson, William R, 1978. "A Theory of Job Shopping," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 92(2), pages 261-78, May.
- Haltiwanger, John & Waldman, Michael, 1986.
"Insurance and Labor Market Contracting: An Analysis of the Capital Market Assumption,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 355-75, July.
- John Haltiwanger & Michael Waldman, 1985. "Insurance and Labor Market Contracting: An Analysis of the Capital Market Assumption," UCLA Economics Working Papers 370, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 9.
- Burdett, K. & Mortensen, Dale T., 1981. "Testing for ability in a competitive labor market," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 42-66, August.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tim Kwok).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.