Economics of Post Office Networks: Strategic Issues and the Impact on Mail Demand
AbstractThe paper analyzes recent restructurings of post office networks. Based on these findings an on a time-series estimation of the impact of Swiss Post’s recent realignment of its network on overall mail demand we derive three generic strategies for the long term alignment of Post office networks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Swiss Economics in its series Working Papers with number 0008.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision: Dec 2007
Publication status: Published in Handbook of Global Postal Reform, edited by M. A. Crew, P. R. Kleindorfer, and J. Campbell. Cheltenham, UK, Edward Elgar, 80-97
post office network; restructuring; mail demand;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- M38 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner & Reto Bleisch, 2004. "Liberalization and Regulation of the Swiss Letter Market," Working Papers 0001, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2005.
- Jaag, Christian, 2007.
"Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations,"
6121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Jaag, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 261-282, September.
- Christian Jaag, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," Working Papers 0006, Swiss Economics.
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007. "Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market," IDEI Working Papers 456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Massimo Filippini & Martin Koller, 2012. "Cost Efficiency Measurement in Postal Delivery Networks," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1206, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner, 2008. "Developing Universal Postal Services in Latin America – an Economic Perspective," Working Papers 0012, Swiss Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Christian Jaag & Martin Koller & Urs Trinkner, 2008. "Calculating the Cost of the Universal Service Obligation: The Need for a Global Approach," Working Papers 0010, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Massimo Filippini & Martin Koller & Urs Trinkner, 2010. "Do opening hours and unobserved heterogeneity affect economies of scale and scope in postal outlets?," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1007, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Jaag).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.