The container terminal characteristics and customer’s satisfaction
AbstractThis paper attempts to evaluate and understand the port sector senior managers’ perception relative to the influence of the port characteristics and specific container terminals in customers’ satisfaction. The SEM (Structural Equation Modelling) methodology is used to confirm the investigation model. The sample is composed by 151 valid responses, each one of them regarding a specific terminal of a set of 12 Portuguese and Spanish container terminals. The results confirm the influence of the port and container terminal characteristics in customer’s satisfaction.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal) in its series CEFAGE-UE Working Papers with number 2013_14.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Port characteristics; Container terminal; Customer’s satisfaction; SEM.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-09-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-TRE-2013-09-28 (Transport Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lourdes Trujillo & Beatriz Tovar, 2007. "The European Port Industry: An Analysis of its Economic Efficiency," Maritime Economics and Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(2), pages 148-171, June.
- Vítor Caldeirinha & J. Augusto Felício & Andreia Dionísio, 2013. "Effect of the container terminal characteristics on performance," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_13, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Stephen Cahoon, 2007. "Marketing communications for seaports: a matter of survival and growth," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 151-168, April.
- Tongzon, Jose & Heng, Wu, 2005. "Port privatization, efficiency and competitiveness: Some empirical evidence from container ports (terminals)," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 405-424, June.
- Hung, Shiu-Wan & Lu, Wen-Min & Wang, Tung-Pao, 2010. "Benchmarking the operating efficiency of Asia container ports," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(3), pages 706-713, June.
- Trujillo, L. & Tovar, B., 2007. "The European port industry: an analysis of its economic efficiency," Working Papers 07/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Onut, Semih & Tuzkaya, Umut R. & Torun, Erçin, 2011. "Selecting container port via a fuzzy ANP-based approach: A case study in the Marmara Region, Turkey," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 182-193, January.
- Chang, Young-Tae & Lee, Sang-Yoon & Tongzon, Jose L., 2008. "Port selection factors by shipping lines: Different perspectives between trunk liners and feeder service providers," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 877-885, November.
- Teng-Fei Wang & Kevin Cullinane, 2006. "The Efficiency of European Container Terminals and Implications for Supply Chain Management," Maritime Economics and Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 8(1), pages 82-99, March.
- Su-Han Woo & Stephen Pettit & Anthony K C Beresford, 2011. "Port evolution and performance in changing logistics environments," Maritime Economics and Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(3), pages 250-277, September.
- Mateus Magala & Adrian Sammons, 2008. "A New Approach to Port Choice Modelling," Maritime Economics and Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 10(1-2), pages 9-34, March.
- Cullinane Kevin & Song Dong-Wook & Ji Ping & Wang Teng-Fei, 2004. "An Application of DEA Windows Analysis to Container Port Production Efficiency," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Bichou, K. & Gray, R., 2005. "A critical review of conventional terminology for classifying seaports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 75-92, January.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Marshall Fisher, 2000. "Supply Chain Inventory Management and the Value of Shared Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1032-1048, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Pacheco).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.