Real Interest Rates and Index Linked Gilts
AbstractThis paper derives the ex ante paths of the future expected short (one period) real interest rates at quarterly frequency from observations on the prices of a set of U.K. index-linked bonds. These rates are used to investigate the impact of monetary policy and the nature of expectations formation in the bond market. Copyright 1997 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd and The Victoria University of Manchester
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance, LSE in its series CEP Discussion Papers with number dp0181.
Date of creation: Nov 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP
Other versions of this item:
- Robertson, Donald & Symons, James, 1997. "Real Interest Rates and Index-Linked Gilts," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 25-43, January.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robertson, D & Symons, J, 1994. "Five Weeks in the Life of the Pound. Interest Rates, Expectations and Sterling's Exit from the ERM," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Eric J Levin & Laurence S Copeland, 1992.
"Reading the Message from the UK Indexed Bond Market: Real Interest Rates, Expected Inflation and the Risk Premium,"
Working Papers Series
92/8, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Levin, Eric J & Copeland, Laurence S, 1993. "Reading the Message from the U.K. Indexed Bond Market: Real Interest Rates, Expected Inflation and the Risk Premium," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 61(0), pages 13-34, Suppl..
- Donald Robertson & James Symons, 1993. "Five Weeks in the Life of the Pound: Interest Rates," CEP Discussion Papers dp0133, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francis Breedon & Jag Chadha, 1997. "The Information Content of the Inflation Term Structure," Bank of England working papers 75, Bank of England.
- Kanas, Angelos, 2014. "Bond futures, inflation-indexed bonds, and inflation risk premium," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 82-99.
- Jagjit S. Chadha & Peter Macmillan & Charles Nolan, 2006. "Independence Day for the â€œOld Lady? A Natural Experiment on the Implications of Central Bank Independence," CDMA Working Paper Series 200602, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Conlin Lizieri & Steven Satchell & Elaine Worzala & Roberto Dacco', 1998. "Real Interest Regimes and Real Estate Performance: A Comparison of UK and US Markets," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 339-356.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.