Five Weeks in the Life of the Pound. Interest Rates, Expectations and Sterling's Exit from the ERM
AbstractYields to maturity of a set of nominal and index linked gilts are used to obtain estimates of the term structures of nominal and real interest rates. These also allow calculation of expected inflation. The estimation is performed for a period of five weeks including the date of sterling's exit from the ERM. The authors look at the macroeconomic consequences of the shift in the exchange rate regime as implied by the behavior of financial markets and how those markets incorporate new information. Copyright 1994 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robertson, Donald & Symons, James, 1997.
"Real Interest Rates and Index-Linked Gilts,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 25-43, January.
- Jagjit S. Chadha & Peter Macmillan & Charles Nolan, 2006. "Independence Day for the â€œOld Lady? A Natural Experiment on the Implications of Central Bank Independence," CDMA Working Paper Series 200602, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.