The Real Thing: A Dynamic Profile of the Term Structure of Real Interest Rates and Inflation Expectations in the United Kingdom, 1982-89
AbstractThis article estimates real interest rates and inflation expectations from market-observable data without assuming anything about the form of agents' expectation-formation mechanism. By examining prices of index-linked and conventional gilt-edged securities form the U.K. bond market, real interest rates and inflation expectations are computed quarterly beginning 1982:2 for up to fourteen maturities ranging from 1988 to 2024. Copyright 1990 by the University of Chicago.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Business.
Volume (Year): 63 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donald Robertson & James Symons, 1993. "Five Weeks in the Life of the Pound: Interest Rates," CEP Discussion Papers dp0133, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- D. Robertson & J. Symons, 1993. "Five weeks in the life of the pound: interest rates," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20983, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 1992. "Indexed bonds as an aid to monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jan, pages 13-23.
- Flávio de Freitas Val & Claudio Henrique da Silveira Barbedo & Marcelo Verdini Maia, 2011. "Inflation expectation and implicit inflation: does market research provide accurate measures?," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 8(3), pages 83-100, July.
- D. Robertson & J. Symons, 1993. "Real interest rates and index linked gilts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20923, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Aziz, Andrew R. & Prisman, Eliezer Z., 2000. "After-tax term structures of real interest rates: Inferences from the UK linked and non-linked gilt markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1433-1455, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.