Exploring the link between employment search time and reservation wages in Southern Europe
AbstractIn our piece of work we are facing a two-fold problem: on the one hand, we study the behaviour of job seekers and the extent to which reservation wages and unemployment benefits play a relevant role in the transition into working life. On the other hand, we intend to find out whether the determinants of the job search process may also affect subsequent wages.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centro de Estudios Andaluces in its series Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces with number E2007/13.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
transiciones laborales; prestaciones por desempleo; salarios de reserva; ganancias; earnings; transitions into work; unemployment benefits; reservation wages.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prasad, Eswar, 2003.
"What Determines the Reservation Wages of Unemployed Workers? New Evidence from German Micro Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
694, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eswar Prasad, 2003. "What Determines the Reservation Wages of Unemployed Workers? New Evidence From German Micro Data," IMF Working Papers 03/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Oscar Marcenaro-Gutierrez & Peter Dolton & Gerald Makepeace, 2004.
"Career Progression: Getting-On, Getting-By And Going Nowhere,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004
159, Royal Economic Society.
- Peter Dolton & Gerald Makepeace & Oscar Marcenaro-Gutierrez, 2005. "Career progression: Getting-on, getting-by and going nowhere," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 237-255.
- Bloemen, Hans G & Stancanelli, Elena G F, 2001.
"Individual Wealth, Reservation Wages, and Transitions into Employment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 400-439, April.
- Hans Bloemen & Elena Stancanelli, 2001. "Individual Wealth, Reservation Wages, and Transitions into Employment," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9704, Sciences Po.
- Stancanelli, E.G.F. & Bloemen, H.G., 1997. "Individual wealth, reservation wages and transitions into employment," Discussion Paper 9702, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bloemen, H.G. & Stancanelli, E.G.F., 1997. "Individual Wealth, Reservation Wages and Transitions into Employment," Discussion Paper 1997-02, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tito Boeri & Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Vincenzo Galasso, 2004.
"Cross-skill Redistribution and the Tradeoff between Unemployment Benefits and Employment Protection,"
271, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Tito Boeri & J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Vincenzo Galasso, . "Cross-skill Redistribution and the Tradeoff between Unemployment Benefits and Employment Protection," Working Papers 2004-26, FEDEA.
- Boeri, Tito & Conde-Ruiz, J. Ignacio & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2004. "Cross-Skill Redistribution and the Tradeoff between Unemployment Benefits and Employment Protection," IZA Discussion Papers 1371, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Boeri, Tito & Conde-Ruiz, José Ignacio & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2004. "Cross-Skill Redistribution and the Trade-Off Between Unemployment Benefits and Employment Protection," CEPR Discussion Papers 4711, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Machin & Alan Manning, 1998.
"The causes and consequences of long-term unemployment in Europe,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20255, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 1999. "The causes and consequences of longterm unemployment in Europe," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 47, pages 3085-3139 Elsevier.
- Stephen Machin & Alan Manning, 1998. "The Causes and Consequences of Long-Term Unemployment in Europe," CEP Discussion Papers dp0400, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1985. "Simultaneous equations models in applied search theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 113-126, April.
- Marimon, R. & Zilibotti, F., 1999.
"Employment and Distributional Effects of Restricting Working Time,"
Economics Working Papers
eco99/19, European University Institute.
- Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2000. "Employment and distributional effects of restricting working time," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1291-1326, June.
- Marimon, Ramon & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1999. "Employment and Distributional Effects of Restricting Working Time," CEPR Discussion Papers 2127, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L & Taylor, Mark P, 2000. "Unemployment Persistence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 24-50, January.
- Lancaster, Tony & Chesher, Andrew, 1983. "An Econometric Analysis of Reservation Wages," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1661-76, November.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "The Citizens Utilities Case: A Further Dividend Puzzle," Working papers 340, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991. "Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
- Jensen, Peter & Westergard-Nielsen, Niels C, 1987. "A Search Model Applied to the Transition from Education to Work," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 461-72, July.
- Cheti Nicoletti & Franco Peracchi & Vincenzo Atella, 2005. "Survey Response and Survey Characteristics: Micro-level Evidence from the European Commission Household Panel," CEIS Research Paper 64, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Donald Haurin & Kala Sridhar, 2003. "The impact of local unemployment rates on reservation wages and the duration of search for a job," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(13), pages 1469-1476.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Teresa Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.