Estimating the Capital Stock
AbstractEconometric estimates of the capital stock and the depreciation rate for the Spanish economy in the period 1970-1997, are presented. The methodology is based on the estimation of the production function, yielding a window for the depreciation rate between 5.5% and 6.5%. Methods to make the depreciation rate dependent on a set of variables, and to blend prior and sample information, are discussed and implemented. The unidenti...ability of the initial capital stock is also analysed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC in its series Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC with number 2002-03.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Estimation of the capital stock; prior information; variable depreciation rate;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, A A, Jr, 1993. "Estimating Nonlinear Time-Series Models Using Simulated Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S63-84, Suppl. De.
- Perron, P, 1988.
"The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis,"
338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989. "The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Greene, William H & Seaks, Terry G, 1991. "The Restricted Least Squares Estimator: A Pedagogical Note," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 563-67, August.
- Grech, Aaron George, 2004. "Estimating the output gap for the Maltese economy," MPRA Paper 33663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Santana).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.