Interest Rate Parity And The Exchange Risk Premium: Evidence From Panel Data
AbstractThis paper provides evidence that a time-varying risk premium is responsible for the rejection of the interest rate parity theory. We us a panel data set of returns on the Eurocurrency deposits and employ cross-section / time series methods to account for common movements in risk premia across deposits denominated in different currencies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Boston College Department of Economics in its series Boston College Working Papers in Economics with number 239.
Date of creation: Dec 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill MA 02467 USA
Web page: http://fmwww.bc.edu/EC/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Mayfield, E. Scott & Murphy, Robert G., 1992. "Interest rate parity and the exchange risk premium Evidence from panel data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 319-324, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Imad Moosa & Razzaque Bhatti, 1997. "Are Asian Markets Integrated? Evidence for Six Countries Vis-A-Vis Japan," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 51-67.
- Jason Childs & Stuart Mestelman, 2004.
"Rate of Return Parity in Experimental Asset Markets,"
McMaster Experimental Economics Laboratory Publications
2004-07, McMaster University.
- Jason Childs & Stuart Mestelman, 2006. "Rate-of-return Parity in Experimental Asset Markets," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 331-347, 08.
- Jason Childs & Stuart Mestelman, 2004. "Rate of Return Parity in Experimental Asset Markets," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-01, McMaster University.
- Rui Albuquerque, 2004. "The Forward Premium Puzzle in a Model of Imperfect Information: Theory and Evidence," International Finance 0405007, EconWPA.
- Pornpinun Chantapacdepong, 2007. "Determinants of the time varying risk premia," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 07/597, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Albuquerque, Rui, 2008. "The forward premium puzzle in a model of imperfect information," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 461-464, June.
- Mayfield, E. Scott & Murphy, Robert G., 1996.
"Explaining the term structure of interest rates: A panel data approach,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 11-21, February.
- E. Scott Mayfield & Robert G. Murphy, 1993. "Explaining The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A Panel Data Approach," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 230, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Charles Engel, 1996.
"The Forward Discount Anomaly and the Risk Premium: A Survey of Recent Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
5312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, Charles, 1996. "The forward discount anomaly and the risk premium: A survey of recent evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 123-192, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.