LOLA 1.0: Luxembourg overLapping generation model for policy analysis
AbstractWe build on the DSGE literature to propose an overlapping generation model for Luxembourg. By way of illustration, the model is then used to study the consequences of the ageing of the population and the potential effects of alternative macroeconomic policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Luxembourg in its series BCL working papers with number 36.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.bcl.lu/
Overlapping Generations; Search Unemployment; Small open economy; Labor Force Participation; Ageing; Labor Market Policy and Institutions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wouter J. den Haan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1997.
"Job Destruction and Propagation of Shocks,"
NBER Working Papers
6275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garey Ramey & Wouter J. den Haan & Joel Watson, 2000. "Job Destruction and Propagation of Shocks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 482-498, June.
- Wouter Denhaan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1997. "FORTRAN code for Job Destruction and Propagation of Shocks," QM&RBC Codes, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles 61, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Pierrard, Olivier & Sneessens, Henri R., 2003.
"Low-Skilled Unemployment, Biased Technological Shocks and Job Competition,"
IZA Discussion Papers
784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olivier, Pierrard & Henri R., Sneessens, 2002. "Low-Skilled Unemployment, Biased Technological Shocks and Job Competition," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2003014, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 03 May 2002.
- David de la Croix & FrÃ©dÃ©ric Docquier, 2007.
"School Attendance and Skill Premiums in France and the US: A General Equilibrium Approach,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies,
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 28(4), pages 383-416, December.
- DE LA CROIX, David & DOCQUIER, FrÃ©dÃ©ric, . "School attendance and skill premiums in France and the US: a general equilibrium approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) -1998, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierrard, Olivier, 2008. "Commuters, residents and job competition," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 565-577, November.
- de la Croix,David & Michel,Philippe, 2002.
"A Theory of Economic Growth,"
Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521001151.
- Henri Sneessens & Fatemeh Shadman & Olivier Pierrard, 2003. "Effets des prÃ©retraites sur l'emploi," Revue FranÃ§aise d'Ã‰conomie, Programme National PersÃ©e, vol. 18(1), pages 133-155.
- Muriel Bouchet, 2003. "The sustainability of the private sector pension system from a long-term perspective: the case of Luxembourg," BCL working papers, Central Bank of Luxembourg 6, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Muriel Bouchet, 2006. "The transition from payg to funding: application to the Luxembourg privat sector pension system," BCL working papers, Central Bank of Luxembourg 23, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.