Resource Allocation And Asset Pricing
AbstractThis paper presents a unified treatment of the production and financial decisions available to a firm facing frictionless financial markets and a stochastic production technology under minimal assumptions on the firm's stochastic technology and objective function. The key concept is that of a 'derivative-cost function', which gives the minimal cost (maximal buying price) of constructing an asset by combining financial and real production activities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics in its series Working Papers with number 28571.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Demand and Price Analysis;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holthausen, Duncan M, 1979. "Hedging and the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 989-95, December.
- Chambers,Robert G. & Quiggin,John, 2000.
"Uncertainty, Production, Choice, and Agency,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785235, October.
- Jouini, Elyes & Kallal, Hedi & Napp, Clotilde, 2001.
"Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 197-221, April.
- Elyès Jouini & Hédi Kallal & Clotilde Napp, 1999. "Arbitrage and Viability in Securities Markets with Fixed Trading Costs," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-033, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Elyès Jouini & Hedi Kallal & Clotilde Napp, 2001. "Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs," Post-Print halshs-00167157, HAL.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1981. "Cross Hedging," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1182-96, December.
- Dermody, Jaime Cuevas & Prisman, Eliezer Zeev, 1988. " Term Structure Multiplicity and Clientele in Markets with Transactions Costs and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 893-911, September.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Garman, Mark B. & Ohlson, James A., 1981. "Valuation of risky assets in arbitrage-free economies with transactions costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 271-280, September.
- Clark, Stephen A., 1993. "The valuation problem in arbitrage price theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 463-478.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1987. "Arbitrage and Martingales with Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 371-93, April.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Cost, Revenue, and Profit Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 1 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Jouini, Elyès & Napp, Clotilde & Kallal, Hedi, 2001. "Arbitrage and viability in securities markets with fixed trading costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5593, Paris Dauphine University.
- Elyégs Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1995. "Arbitrage In Securities Markets With Short-Sales Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 197-232.
- Chambers Robert G. & Fare Rolf, 1994. "Hicks' Neutrality and Trade Biased Growth: A Taxonomy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 554-567, December.
- LeRoy,Stephen F. & Werner,Jan, 2001. "Principles of Financial Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586054, October.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1978. "Information, futures prices, and stabilizing speculation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, October.
- Rahi Rohit, 1995. "Optimal Incomplete Markets with Asymmetric Information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 171-197, February.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications (I): The Theory of Production," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number fuss1978.
- Luttmer, Erzo G J, 1996. "Asset Pricing in Economies with Frictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1439-67, November.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Quiggin, John C., 2004. "Technological and financial approaches to risk management in agriculture: an integrate approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(2), June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.