Per Unit Costs To Own And Operate Farm Machinery
AbstractEntropy and jackknife estimation procedures were used to find that custom rates are 20.3% lower than the true cost to own and operate machinery for an average size Kansas farm. A method was then developed to estimate a farms total machinery costs with which to benchmark machinery costs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama with number 35229.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2001. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-4, January.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Williams, Jeffery R. & Pendell, Dustin L. & Sweeney, Daniel & Rice, Charles W. & Nelson, Richard G., 2006. "A Risk Analysis of Carbon Sequestration in Claypan Soil with Conservation Tillage Systems and Nitrogen Fertilizers for Grain Sorghum and Soybean," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35327, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Peterson, Jeffrey M. & Smith, Craig M. & Valentin, Luc, 2005. "A Water Quality Trading Simulation for Northeast Kansas," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19167, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Watkins, K. Bradley & Hill, Jason L. & Anders, Merle M. & Windham, Tony E., 2006. "Whole-Farm Evaluation of No-Till Profitability in Rice Production using Mixed Integer Programming," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(03), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.