An Overview of U.S. Farm Real Estate Markets
AbstractThis paper offers an overview of U.S. farm real estate markets. Major uses of land, location of farm real estate, and ownership patterns are summarized. Characteristics of participants in farm real markets are reviewed. Farm real estate values and rents examined, and factors affecting farm real estate values are reviewed, including the effects of conversion of farm real estate to other uses. Finally, historic returns to farmland owners are summarized.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ohio State University, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics in its series Working Papers with number 28319.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reed, William J., 1993. "The decision to conserve or harvest old-growth forest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 45-69, August.
- Hoppe, Robert A. & Banker, David E., 2006. "Structure and Finances of U.S. Farms: 2005 Family Farm Report," Economic Information Bulletin 33895, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Shogren, Jason F., 1992. "The Implicit Value of Corn Base Acreage," Staff General Research Papers 10788, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Charles H. Barnard & Gerald Whittaker & David Westenbarger & Mary Ahearn, 1997. "Evidence of Capitalization of Direct Government Payments into U.S. Cropland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1642-1650.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Ramezani, Cyrus A., 1998. "An Arbitrage-Free Approach to Quasi-Option Value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 103-125, March.
- Tamer Isgin & D. Lynn Forster, 2006. "A Hedonic Price Analysis of Farmland Option Premiums Under Urban Influences," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(3), pages 327-340, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.