European food quality policy: the importance of geographical indications, organic certification and food quality insurance schemes in European countries
AbstractThe protection of geographical indications, organic certification and food quality assurance schemes are the cornerstones of European food quality policy. In this paper the importance of these voluntary quality policy schemes in the different Member States of the European Union is investigated. Member States may be grouped into four cluster according to the food quality orientation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium with number 44455.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
food quality policy; protected geographical indications; organic certification; quality assurance schemes; Europe; cluster; PDO; PGI; TSG; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
Other versions of this item:
- Becker, Tilman C., 2009. "European Food Quality Policy: The Importance of Geographical Indications, Organic Certification and Food Quality Assurance Schemes in European Countries," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(1).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Charlier & Mai-Anh Ngo, 2012. "Geographical indications outside the European Regulation on PGIs, and the rule of the free movement of goods: lessons from cases judged by the Court of Justice of the European Communities," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 17-30, August.
- Christophe Charlier & Mai-Anh Ngo, 2012. "Geographical indications outside the European regulation of PGIs, and the rule of free movement of goods: Lessons from cases judged by the Court of Justice of the European Communities," Post-Print halshs-00721784, HAL.
- Verbeke, Wim & Pieniak, Zuzanna & Guerrero, Luis & Hersleth, Margrethe, 2012. "Consumersâ€™ Awareness and Attitudinal Determinants of European Union Quality Label Use on Traditional Foods," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Verbeke, Wim & Roosen, Jutta, 2009. "Market Differentiation Potential of Country-of-origin, Quality and Traceability Labeling," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.