Incorporating Stochastic Harvests Into An Analysis Of Production: The U.S. Atlantic And Gulf Of Mexico Pelagic Longline Fleet
AbstractVessel operators maximize expected utility indirectly through cost-minimizing production decisions subject to stochastic harvests. Data on the Atlantic longline fleet, available from NMFS logbooks, is used for the empirical analysis. An ex ante multi-input cost function that incorporates expected rather than realized output levels is estimated and results are reported.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA with number 19770.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pope, Rulon D. & Just, Richard E., 1996. "Empirical implementation of ex ante cost functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 231-249.
- Dale Squires, 1987. "Public Regulation and the Structure of Production in Multiproduct Industries: An Application to the New England Otter Trawl Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 232-247, Summer.
- Squires, Dale, 1987. "Fishing effort: Its testing, specification, and internal structure in fisheries economics and management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 268-282, September.
- Thunberg, Eric M. & Bresnyan, Edward W. & Adams, Charles M., 1995. "Economic Analysis of Technical Interdependencies and the Value of Effort in a Multi-Species Fishery," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 10(1).
- Dupont, Diane P., 1990. "Rent dissipation in restricted access fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 26-44, July.
- Squires, Dale & Kirkley, James, 1991. "Production quota in multiproduct pacific fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 109-126, September.
- Dale Squires & James Kirkley, 1996. "Individual Transferable Quotes in a Multiproduct Common Property Industry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 318-42, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.