The lay system in commercial fisheries: Origin and implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 51 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Plourde, Charles & Smith, J. Barry, 1989. "Crop Sharing in the Fishery and Industry Equilibrium," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 6(3).
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1979.
"Moral Hazard and Observability,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 74-91, Spring.
- Dupont, Diane P., 1990. "Rent dissipation in restricted access fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 26-44, July.
- Hannesson, Rognvaldur, 2000. "A Note on ITQs and Optimal Investment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 181-188, September.
- Braverman, Avishay & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1982. "Sharecropping and the Interlinking of Agrarian Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 695-715, September.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1973.
"Incentives and Risk-Sharing in Sharecropping,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
353, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Johan A. Mistiaen & Ivar E. Strand, 2000. "Location Choice of Commercial Fishermen with Heterogeneous Risk Preferences," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1184-1190.
- Matthiasson, Thorolfur, 1999.
"Cost sharing and catch sharing,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 25-44, February.
- Jin, Di & Thunberg, Eric & Kite-Powell, Hauke & Blake, Kevin, 2002. "Total Factor Productivity Change in the New England Groundfish Fishery: 1964-1993," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 540-556, November.
- Leung, PingSun & Sharma, Khem R. & Pradhan, Naresh C., 2003. "Analyzing Technical And Economic Interrelationships In Hawaii'S Longline Fishery," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 18(2).
- Rita Curtis & Robert L. Hicks, 2000. "The Cost of Sea Turtle Preservation: The Case of Hawaii's Pelagic Longliners," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1191-1197.
- Craig, Lee A. & Fearn, Robert M., 1993. "Wage Discrimination and Occupational Crowding in a Competitive Industry: Evidence from the American Whaling Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(01), pages 123-138, March.
- Rulon D. Pope & Richard E. Just, 2003. "Distinguishing Errors in Measurement from Errors in Optimization," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 348-358.
- Matthew N. Reimer & Joshua K. Abbott & James E. Wilen, 2013. "Unraveling the Multiple Margins of Rent Generation from Individual Transferable Quotas," Working Papers 2013-03, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Nguyen, Quang, 2009. "choice of remuneration regime in fisheries: the case of Hawaii’s longline fisheries," MPRA Paper 13792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abbott, Joshua K. & Garber-Yonts, Brian & Wilen, James E., 2010. "Employment and Remuneration Effects of IFQs in the Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands Crab Fisheries," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 25(4).
- Mukherjee, Zinnia & Segerson, Kathleen, 2011. "Turtle Excluder Device Regulation and Shrimp Harvest: The Role of Behavioral and Market Responses," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 26(3).
- Hannesson, Rognvaldur, 2007. "Taxes, ITQs, Investments, and Revenue Sharing," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 22(4).
- Nguyen, Quang, 2009. "Do fishermen have different preferences?: Insights from an experimental study and household data," MPRA Paper 16012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weninger, Quinn, 2008. "Individual Fishing Quotas in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico Grouper Fishery: Fleet Restructuring, Effort Reduction and Cost Savings," Staff General Research Papers 12890, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Eggert, Hakan & Lokina, Razack B., 2007. "Small-scale Fishermen and Risk Preferences," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 22(1).
- Evans, Keith S. & Weninger, Quinn, 2010. "Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries," Staff General Research Papers 31606, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.