Consumer characteristics associated with the selection of lean meat products
AbstractThis study identifies several demographic and psychographic characteristics of consumers who have tried lean meat products from a particular retail food chain in Houston. The relevant characteristics included: (1) age, (2) residency in Texas, (3) education level, (4) household size, and (5) predisposition to buying low-fat foods. The analysis was performed using the probit specification. The source of data was survey information, gathered by telephone interviews, from a total of 200 shoppers.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 4 (1988)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Branson, Robert E. & Cross, H. Russell & Savell, Jeff W. & Smith, Gary C. & Edwards, Richard A., 1986. "Marketing Implications From The National Consumer Beef Study," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 11(01), July.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Tambi, N. Emmanuel, 2001. "Analysis of household attitudes toward the purchase of livestock products and fish in Cameroon," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 135-147, November.
- Danilo C. Israel & Kandice H. Kahl & Robert S. Pomeroy, 1991. "The effects of relative price perceptions and demographic factors on restaurant catfish consumption," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 585-595.
- Steiner, Bodo E. & Srivastava, Lorie & Gao, Fei, 2007. "Assessing the Consumer Acceptance and Market Potential of Alternative Meats," Project Report Series 7708, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Ulimwengu, John & Sanyal, Prabuddha, 2011. "Joint estimation of farmers' stated willingness to pay for agricultural services:," IFPRI discussion papers 1070, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lee, Michelle & Unterschultz, James R. & Lerohl, Mel L., 2001. "Supply Chain Competency: Recipe For Cereal And Livestock Marketing In Alberta?," Project Report Series 24050, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.