Evaluating the beef promotion checkoff: The robustness of the conclusions
AbstractEvaluation of the beef checkoff is an ongoing effort. Using household data and aggregate beef disappearance data, recent results confirm earlier work by Ward and Lambert showing the effectiveness of the beef checkoff even though the impact on cattle prices is small relative to other factors. Problems with other models attempting to reproduce Ward and Lambert's earlier models are detailed and the specific problems associated with attempts to use other models compared with Ward and Lambert are shown. [Econ-Lit citations: Q130, M300, M370] © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nouhoun Coulibaly & B. Wade Brorsen, 1999. "Explaining the differences between two previous meat generic advertising studies," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 501-515.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Christian, Jason E. & Meng, Erika C.H. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 1997. "The California Table Grape Commission's Promotion Program: An Evaluation," Monographs, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation, number 11932.
- Henry W. Kinnucan & Yuliang Miao, 1999. "Media-specific returns to generic advertising: The case of catfish," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Jones, Eugene, 2001. "Agricultural Economics Research And Its Usefulness To Private Firms: Some Unsolicited Observations," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 32(01), March.
- Øystein Myrland & Diansheng Dong & Harry M. Kaiser, 2007. "Quantity versus quality effects of generic advertising: The case of Norwegian salmon," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 85-100.
- Verbeke, W. & Ward, R. W. & Avermaete, T., 2002. "Evaluation of publicity measures relating to the EU beef labelling system in Belgium," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 339-353, August.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001. "A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 359-374, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.