Effect of Urban Proximity on Agricultural Land Values
AbstractThis article seeks to more accurately estimate the size and distance of the effect of urban proximity on agricultural land values. The econometric model lets the size and distance of the effect of urban proximity on agricultural land values vary by population, real income, and time. The changes in the effect of urban proximity over time can be largely explained by population and income. Thus, there does not appear to be a shift in preferences toward living further from the city center.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 85 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Latruffe , Laure & Ay, Jean-Sauveur, 2013. "The Empirical Content of the Present Value Model: A survey of the instrumental uses of farmland prices," Factor Markets Working Papers 165, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Uematsu, Hiroki & Mishra, Ashok K., 2012. "The Impact of Natural Amenity on Farmland Values: A Quantile Regression Approach," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119804, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Zhang, Wendong & Irwin, Elena G. & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2012. "The Expanding Ethanol Market and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Agricultural Delivery Points," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124690, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Christopher Zakrzewicz & B. Wade Brorsen & Brian C. Briggeman, 2012.
"Comparison of alternative sources of farmland values,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(1), pages 68-86, March.
- Zakrzewicz, Christopher J. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Briggeman, Brian C., 2011. "Comparison of Alternative Sources of Farmland Values," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103758, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.