The Deterrent Effect of Regulatory Enforcement in the Fishery
AbstractThis paper reports the results of a more recent study of quota compliance in the U.K. fishery that was investigated in an earlier article in this journal (Hatcher et al. 2000). The study collected more detailed data on fishermen's perceptions and ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 67 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catherine Dion & Paul Lanoie & Benoit Laplante, 1996. "Monitoring of Pollution Regulation: Do Local Conditions Matter," CIRANO Working Papers, CIRANO 96s-33, CIRANO.
- Damania, Richard & Bulte, Erwin H., 2006. "Renewable resource regulation and uncertain prices: The role of financial structure and bankruptcy," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Turner, Matthew A., 1997. "Quota-Induced Discarding in Heterogeneous Fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 186-195, June.
- Akpalu, Wisdom, 2011. "Determinants of noncompliance with light attraction regulation among inshore fishers in Ghana," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 172-177, April.
- Dion, Catherine & Lanoie, Paul & Laplante, Benoit, 1997. "Monitoring environmental standards : do local conditions matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 1701, The World Bank.
- Carlos Chavez & CÃ©sar Viteri, 2004. "Legitimacy, Local Participation, and Compliance in the Galapagos Marine Reserve," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings, Econometric Society 168, Econometric Society.
- Laplante, Benoit & Rilstone, Paul, 1995. "Environmental inspections and emissions of the pulp and paper industry : the case of Quebec," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 1447, The World Bank.
- Rögnvaldur Hannesson, 2011. "When is fish quota enforcement worth while? A study of the Northeast Arctic cod," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 139-160, July.
- Matthew A. Turner, 1995. "Economics without Free-disposal: Quota-induced Discarding in Heterogenous Fisheries," Working Papers, University of Toronto, Department of Economics mturner-95-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.