A Note on "The Longitudinal Structure of Earnings Losses among Work-Limited Disabled Workers"
AbstractCharles (2003) examines the dynamic effects of disability, finding a small decline in earnings and hours following disability onset, even for those who have positive disability reports for each of the next ten years. These outcomes also rebound quickly after the onset of disability. In recent work, Meyer and Mok (2006), find a much larger loss in earnings and a greater decline in hours. Here we find large and persistent declines in earnings and hours, generally several times those reported in Charles (2003). The current findings were arrived at by two research teams working independently without sharing any computer code.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Journal of Human Resources.
Volume (Year): 43 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jhr.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parodi, Giuliana & Sciulli, Dario, 2010.
"Disability and Low Income Persistence in Italian Households,"
28303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuliana Parodi & Dario Sciulli, 2012. "Disability and low income persistence in Italian households," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 9-26, June.
- Bruce D. Meyer & Wallace K.C. Mok, 2013.
"Disability, Earnings, Income and Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
18869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce D. Meyer & Wallace K. C. Mok, 2006. "Disability, Earnings, Income and Consumption," Working Papers, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago 0610, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Cueto, Begona & Miguel Á., Malo, 2014. "Do partial disability pensions close the earnings gap?," MPRA Paper 55920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oguzoglu, Umut, 2012. "Dynamics of Disability and Work in Canada," IZA Discussion Papers 6603, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.