Les Disparités De Taux D’Alphabétisation Selon Les Genres Dans Les Délégations Tunisiennes : Une Approche Par L’Économétrie Spatiale
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to analyze the regional disparities of the literacy rates of the gender in Tunisia according to the latest population census of 2004. A spatial econometric model shows that different socio-economic factors appear particularly explain the literacy rates of the Tunisian districts and more pronounced for women : the level of urbanization, the unemployment rate, the size household, the housing quality, the enrollment rate for youth aged from 6 to 14 years and the awning a television as awareness tools. While the male literacy rate is higher than that of women for the all population in 2004, parity in youth is almost reached if we use the enrollment rate in primary, secondary and higher schools.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var in its journal Région et Développement.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
LITERACY RATE OF GENDERS; TUNISIA; EXPLORATORY SPATIAL DATA ANALYSIS; SPATIAL ECONOMETRIC MODEL;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta, 2011.
"Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5706, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2013. "Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 143-164.
- Mehtabul Azam and Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 2011. "Are girls the fairer sex in India? Revisting intra-household allocation of education expenditure," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2011-10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mehtabul Azam & Geeta Kingdon, 2011. "Are girls the fairer sex in India? Revisiting intra-household allocation of education expenditure," DoQSS Working Papers 11-03, Department of Quantitative Social Science - Institute of Education, University of London.
- Mehtabul Azam & Geeta Kingdon, 2011. "Are girls the fairer sex in India? Revisiting intra-household allocation of education expenditure," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Luisa GAGLIARDI & Marco PERCOCO, 2011. "Regional Disparities In Italy Over The Long Run: The Role Of Human Capital And Trade Policy," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 33, pages 81-105.
- Christian Morrisson & Fabrice Murtin, 2010. "The Kuznets Curve of Education: A Global Perspective on Education Inequalities," CEE Discussion Papers 0116, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Maurice CATIN & El Mouhoub MOUHOUD, 2013. "Introduction - Productivité Et Capital Humain Dans Les Pays Du Sud De La Méditerranée," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 37, pages 5-9.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.