Time Series Analysis of Inflation Targeting in Selected Countries
AbstractWe analyze a set of countries which adopted inflation targeting (IT) as a policy tool. We model the pre-IT period with ARMA and GARCH methods, and conduct the one-step ahead forecasting for the remainder of the times series data. The actual and forecasted inflation levels are compared for each country. We find that even though the actual inflation levels are lower than the forecasted ones, there is no statistical evidence to suggest that the adoption of IT causes a structural break in the inflation levels of the countries which adopt IT.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Economic Policy Reform.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/GPRE20
Other versions of this item:
- Ismail Genc & Minsoo Lee & Candelaria Rodriguez & Zachary Lutz, 2007. "Time Series Analysis of Inflation Targeting in Selected Countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 15-27.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zied Ftiti & Walid Hichri, 2014.
"The Price Stability Under Inflation Targeting Regime : An Analysis With a New Intermediate Approach,"
2014-099, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Ftiti, Zied & Hichri, Walid, 2014. "The price stability under inflation targeting regime: An analysis with a new intermediate approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 23-32.
- Zied Ftiti & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Khaled Guesmi & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Modelling Inflation Shifts and Persistence in Tunisia: Perspective from an Evolutionary spectral approach," Working Papers 2014-124, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Ftiti, Zied, 2010. "The macroeconomic performance of the inflation targeting policy: An approach based on the evolutionary co-spectral analysis (extension for the case of a multivariate process)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 468-476, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.