Innovation and Invention in Canada
AbstractThis paper compares innovation survey data with invention data as recorded by patents (and, therefore, the basis of the Yale Technology Concordance), presenting input-output tables for both data sets. We describe and compare the intersec-toral flows of technology from the industry of manufacture (IOM) to the sector of use (SOU); compare patent-to-innovation ratios by industry; and present correlations between innovation, invention and R&D by industy. One significant conclusion is that, while innovation and invention data are highly correlated in the IOM, they diverge on the SOU, especially in certain key industries that we identify.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Economic Systems Research.
Volume (Year): 9 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=104572
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:att:wimass:9620 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keller, W., 1997.
"Trade and the Transmission of Technology,"
9620r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Rouvinen, Petri, 1999. "Characteristics of Product and Process Innovators among Finnish Manufacturing Firms," Discussion Papers 690, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Roberto ESPOSTI, 2000. "Public R&D Design and Technological Spill-Ins. A Dynamic Model," Working Papers 136, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Baldi, Lucia & Casati, Dario, 2005. "Induced Innovation in Italy: An Error Correction Model for the Period 1968-2002," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24590, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Raphael Auer & Philip Sauré, 2011.
"Spatial Competition in Quality, Demand Induced Innovation, and Schumpeterian Growth,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c016_067, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Raphael Anton Auer & Philip Ulrich Sauré, 2011. "Spatial Competition in Quality, Demand-Induced Innovation, and Schumpeterian Growth," Working Papers 2011-10, Swiss National Bank.
- Raphael Auer & Philip Sauré, 2011. "Spatial Competition in Quality, Demand-Induced Innovation, and Schumpeterian Growth," Working Papers 11.04, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Frederic Scherer, 2003. "Technology Flows Matrix Estimation Revisited," Economic Systems Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 327-358.
- Wolfgang Keller, 1997. "Trade and Transmission of Technology," NBER Working Papers 6113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shi, Guanming & Pray, Carl E. & Zhang, Wenhui, 2012. "Effectiveness of Intellectual Property Protection: Survey Evidence from China," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(3), December.
- Verspagen, Bart & Nomaler, Onder, 2007.
"Knowledge Flows, Patent Citations and the Impact of Science on Technology,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
022, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- onder Nomaler & Bart Verspagen, 2008. "Knowledge Flows, Patent Citations and the Impact of Science on Technology," Economic Systems Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 339-366.
- Fernández Vázquez, Esteban & Los, Bart, 2007. "A Maximum Entropy Approach to the Indenitication of Productive Technology Spillovers," Discussion Papers 1106, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.