Foreign Takeovers and Wages in Hungary
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of World Economics.
Volume (Year): 144 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kristiina Huttunen, 2007. "The Effect of Foreign Acquisition on Employment and Wages: Evidence from Finnish Establishments," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 497-509, August.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2005.
"The Productivity Effects of Privatization: Longitudinal Estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
05-121, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2006. "The Productivity Effects of Privatization: Longitudinal Estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(1), pages 61-99, February.
- J. David Brown & John Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2005. "The Productivity Effects of Privatization: Longitudinal Estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," CERT Discussion Papers 0508, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995.
"High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms,"
Cahiers de recherche
9503, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms," NBER Working Papers 4917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-23, CIRANO.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005.
"Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008. "Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, 02.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Csengődi, Sándor & Jungnickel, Rolf & Urban, Dieter M., 2005.
"Foreign Takeovers and Wages: Theory and Evidence from Hungary,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
337, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Sándor Csengodi & Rolf Jungnickel & Dieter Urban, 2005. "Foreign Taleovers and Wages: Theory and Evidence from Hungary," Development Working Papers 208, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2004. "Home- and Host-Country Effects of Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Chapters, in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 333-382 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Karoly Fazekas, 2000. "The impact of foreign direct investment inflows on regional labour markets in Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0008, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Assaf Razin & Ashoka Mody & Efraim Sadka, 2003.
"The Role of Information in Driving FDI Flows: Host-Country Transparency and Source-Country Specialization,"
IMF Working Papers
03/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Ashoka Mody & Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 2003. "The Role of Information in Driving FDI Flows: Host-Country Tranparency and Source Country Specialization," NBER Working Papers 9662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Almeida, Rita, 2007.
"The labor market effects of foreign owned firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 75-96, May.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2007.
"Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 143(3), pages 464-482, October.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2002. "Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training," IZA Discussion Papers 590, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2007. "Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 6171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 1999.
"Multinational firms and technology transfer,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2067, The World Bank.
- Sándor Csengödi & Dieter M. Urban, 2008. "Foreign Takeovers and Wage Dispersion in Hungary," CESifo Working Paper Series 2188, CESifo Group Munich.
- Moser, Christoph & Urban, Dieter M & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2009. "Offshoring, Firm Performance and Establishment-Level Employment: Identifying Productivity and Downsizing Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 7455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karl-Markus Modén & Pehr-Johan Norbäck & Lars Persson, 2008.
"Efficiency and Ownership Structure: The Case of Poland,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 437-460, 03.
- Modén, Karl-Markus & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2007. "Efficiency and Ownership Structure – The Case of Poland," Working Paper Series 703, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Marko Ogorevc & Sonja Slander, 2011. "Shareholders and wage determination â€šÃ„Ã¬ bringing in â€šÃ„Ãºspaceâ€šÃ„Ã¹," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1279, European Regional Science Association.
- Kaitila, Ville & McQuinn, John & Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng, 2013. "International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies," ETLA Reports 6, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2012. "Foreign and Domestic Takeovers in Germany: First Comparative Evidence on the Post-acquisition Target Performance using new Data," Working Paper Series in Economics 249, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.