Inward investment, industry concentration and the speed of adjustment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 137 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sanjaya Lall, 1979. "Multinationals and market structure in an open developing economy: The case of Malaysia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 115(2), pages 325-350, June.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Shapiro, Daniel & Khemani, R. S., 1987. "The determinants of entry and exit reconsidered," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-26, March.
- Constantine Bourlakis, 1987. "Multinational corporations and domestic market structure: The case of Greek manufacturing industries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 123(4), pages 719-733, December.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E, 1991. " Firm Size and Foreign Operations of Multinationals," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 101-07.
- Symeonidis, George, 2000.
"Price Competition and Market Structure: The Impact of Cartel Policy on Concentration in the UK,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Symeonidis, George, 1999. "Price Competition and Market Structure: The Impact of Cartel Policy on Concentration in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 2308, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990. "Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Rosenbaum, David I., 1993. "Profit, entry and changes in concentration," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 185-203, June.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1992. "Intra-industry Trade and Investment under Oligopoly: The Role of Market Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 402-14, March.
- Willmore, Larry, 1989. "Determinants of industrial structure: A Brazilian case study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(10), pages 1601-1617, October.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenaway, David, 1988. "Effective Tariff Protection in the United Kingdom," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(3), pages 313-24, August.
- Gerosky, P A & Pomroy, R, 1990. "Innovation and the Evolution of Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 299-314, March.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday, 1998. "The impact of foreign direct investment on UK manufacturing: is there a profit squeeze in domestic firms?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 705-709.
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kambhampati, Uma S, 1998. "Market Structure Dynamics in Indian Industry," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 133-53, April.
- Gorecki, Paul K, 1976. "The Determinants of Entry by Domestic and Foreign Enterprises in Canadian Manufacturing Industries: Some Comments and Empirical Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(4), pages 485-88, November.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Curry, B & George, K D, 1983. "Industrial Concentration: A Survey," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 203-55, March.
- Neven, Damien & Siotis, Georges, 1993. "Foreign Direct Investment in the European Community: Some Policy Issues," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 72-93, Summer.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Geroski, Paul A. & Mata, Jose, 2001. "The evolution of markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 999-1002, July.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday, 2000. "Industrial Performance, Agglomeration, and Foreign Manufacturing Investment in the UK," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(1), pages 21-37, March.
- S. W. Davies & Paul A. Geroski, 2000. "Changes In Concentration, Turbulence, And The Dynamics Of Market Shares," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(3), pages 383-391, August.
- Hirschey, Mark, 1982. "Market Power and Foreign Involvement by U.S. Multinationals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(2), pages 343-46, May.
- Sutton, John, 1996. "Technology and market structure," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 511-530, April.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-32.
- Geroski, P. A. & Masson, R. T. & Shaanan, S., 1987. "The dynamics of market structure," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 93-100, March.
- Kevin Amess & Barbara Roberts, 2005. "The impact of foreign and state ownership on post-transition industrial concentration: the case of Polish manufacturing," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 211-225, December.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2010.
"Short-run Strategies for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7), pages 928-957, 07.
- Azemar, Celine & Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2009. "Short-Run Strategies For Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-27, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Azemar, Celine & Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2010. "Short-Run Strategies For Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-26, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009. "Short-run strategies for attracting Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 2009_24, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & CÃ©line AzÃ©mar, 2010. "Short-Run Strategies For Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 1005, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Hasanat Shah, Syed & Li, Jun Jiang, 2013. "Does Chinese Investment Contribute to The US Economy? An Analysis of Selected US States’ Growth, Employment and Exports," MPRA Paper 52575, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nigel Driffield & Karl Taylor, 2005.
"Are Foreign Firms More Technologically Intensive? Uk Establishment Evidence From The Ard,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(1), pages 38-53, 02.
- Nigel Driffield & Karl Taylor, . "Are Foreign Firms More Technologically Intensive? UK Establishment Evidence From the ARD," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 01/9, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2004.
"Industrial Concentration in a Liberalising Economy: a Study of Indian Manufacturing,"
Open Discussion Papers in Economics
51, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2006. "Industrial concentration in a liberalising economy: A study of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 981-999.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment, Transactions Linkages, and the Performance of the Domestic Sector," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 335-351.
- Rosa Forte, 2013. "Multinational Firms And Host Country Market Structure: A Review Of Empirical Literature," FEP Working Papers 497, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.