Effective Tariff Protection in the United Kingdom
AbstractThe most widely used indicator of the structure of protection is the effective tariff. This paper provides a set of estimates of effective tariffs in the United Kingdom using information from the 1979 Input-Output tables. The estimates pertain to ninety-nine industries and seven sectors of economic activity, and are contrasted with an earlier set of estimates for 1972. Evidence of escalation in the tariff structure is found, as well as extensive evidence of negative effective tariffs. Average effective tariffs have fallen for all sectors except agriculture since 1972. Copyright 1988 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1988)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Görg, Holger, 2000. "Fragmentation and trade : US inward processing trade in the EU," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2491, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Holger Görg, 2000. "Fragmentation and trade: US inward processing trade in the EU," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 403-422, 09.
- Ira N. Gang, 1997. "Published and Realized Tariffs: the Weak Link," Departmental Working Papers 199620, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Nigel Driffield, 2001. "Inward investment, industry concentration and the speed of adjustment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 137(2), pages 193-214, June.
- Mordechal Kreinin & Elias Dinopoulos, 1995. "Protection of industry," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 179-196, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.