An empirical assessment of the preconditions of Japanese manufacturing foreign direct investment in the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 130 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward Brown Flowers, 1976. "Oligopolistic Reactions in European and Canadian Direct Investment in the United States," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 7(2), pages 43-56, June.
- Edward M. Graham, 1978. "Transatlantic Investment by Multinational Firms: A Rivalistic Phenomenon?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 1(1), pages 82-99, October.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Dinopoulos, Elias & Wong, Kar-yiu, 1992. "Quid Pro Quo Foreign Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 186-90, May.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John D Daniels, 1970. "Recent Foreign Direct Manufacturing Investment in the United States," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(1), pages 125-132, March.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007.
"Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects,"
Economics Working Papers
2007,22, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Horst Raff & Michael J. Ryan, 2008. "Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 144(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Horst Raff & Michael Ryan, 2006. "Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects," CESifo Working Paper Series 1874, CESifo Group Munich.
- Li, Donghui & Moshirian, Fariborz, 2004. "International investment in insurance services in the US," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 249-260, July.
- Trevino, Len J. & Grosse, Robert, 2002. "An analysis of firm-specific resources and foreign direct investment in the United States," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 431-452, August.
- Yuko Kinoshita, 2001. "Firm Size and Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," Industrial Organization 0012006, EconWPA.
- Akiomi Yutaka Horiba & Kazuo Yoshida, 2003. "Determinants Of The Initial Decisions By Japanese Firmsto Undertake Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 03-09, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Barrell, Ray & Pain, Nigel, 1999. "Trade restraints and Japanese direct investment flows," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-45, January.
- Kreinin, Mordechai E. & Abe, Shigeyuki & Plummer, Michael G., 1999. "Motives for Japanese DFI Survey, analysis, and implications in light of the Asian crisis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 385-394.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.