Optimal voting rules for two-member tenure committees
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Choice and Welfare.
Volume (Year): 36 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mattias Polborn, 2000. "Endogenous Majority Rules with Changing Preferences," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 200012, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Whinston, Michael D, 1998.
"Incomplete Contracts and Strategic Ambiguity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 902-32, September.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1997. "Incomplete Contracts and Strategic Ambiguity," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1787, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Michael S. McPherson & Morton Owen Schapiro, 1999. "Tenure Issues in Higher Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 85-98, Winter.
- Jens Prüfer & Uwe Walz, 2013.
"Academic faculty governance and recruitment decisions,"
Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 507-529, June.
- Prüfer, J. & Walz, U., 2013. "Academic faculty governance and recruitment decisions," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5117896, Tilburg University.
- Prüfer, J. & Walz, U., 2009. "Academic Faculty Governance and Recruitment Decisions," Discussion Paper 2009-021, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Ian Ayres & Colin Rowat & Nasser Zakariya, 2004.
"Optimal two stage committee voting rules,"
Game Theory and Information
- Ian Ayres & Colin Rowat & Nasser Zakariya, 2007. "Optimal Two Stage Committee Voting Rules," Discussion Papers 04-23RR, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Ian Ayres & Colin Rowat & Nasser Zakariya, 2006. "Optimal two stage committee voting rules," Discussion Papers 04-23r, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 2002.
"Game-theoretic analysis of voting in committees,"
Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare,
in: K. J. Arrow & A. K. Sen & K. Suzumura (ed.), Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 395-423
- Zhiqi Chen & J. Stephen Ferris, 1995.
"A Theory of Tenure for the Teaching University,"
Carleton Economic Papers
95-12, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Jan 1999.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Paul J. Pieper & Rachel A. Willis, 1998. "Do Economics Departments With Lower Tenure Probabilities Pay Higher Faculty Salaries?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 503-512, November.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1978.
"Optimal Search for the Best Alternative,"
214, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Siow, Aloysius, 1998. "Tenure and Other Unusual Personnel Practices in Academia," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 152-73, April.
- Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2010.
"Competitive equilibria in semi-algebraic economies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 301-330, January.
- Felix Kuber & Karl Schmedders, 2007. "Competitive Equilibria in Semi-Algebraic Economies," PIER Working Paper Archive 07-013, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Scott E. Masten, 2006. "Authority and Commitment: Why Universities, Like Legislatures, Are Not Organized as Firms," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 649-684, 09.
- Jean Tirole, 1999. "Incomplete Contracts: Where Do We Stand?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(4), pages 741-782, July.
- Moulin, Herve, 1994. "Social choice," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1091-1125 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.