Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 73 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Green & Jonathan Kim & Frank Carmone, 1990. "A preliminary study of optimal variable weighting in k-means clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 271-285, September.
- Raftery, Adrian E. & Dean, Nema, 2006. "Variable Selection for Model-Based Clustering," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 168-178, March.
- Glenn Milligan, 1985. "An algorithm for generating artificial test clusters," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 123-127, March.
- R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring & S. Tsao, 1995. "Weighting and selection of variables for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Glenn Milligan, 1989. "A validation study of a variable weighting algorithm for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 53-71, December.
- Glenn Milligan, 1980. "An examination of the effect of six types of error perturbation on fifteen clustering algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 325-342, September.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Montanari, Angela & Lizzani, Laura, 2001. "A projection pursuit approach to variable selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-473, February.
- Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll & Linda Clark & Paul Green, 1984. "Synthesized clustering: A method for amalgamating alternative clustering bases with differential weighting of variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 57-78, March.
- E. Fowlkes & R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring, 1988. "Variable selection in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 205-228, September.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Douglas Steinley & Robert Henson, 2005. "OCLUS: An Analytic Method for Generating Clusters with Known Overlap," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 221-250, September.
- Pacheco, Joaquín & Casado, Silvia & Porras, Santiago, 2013. "Exact methods for variable selection in principal component analysis: Guide functions and pre-selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 95-111.
- Timmerman, Marieke E. & Ceulemans, Eva & Kiers, Henk A.L. & Vichi, Maurizio, 2010. "Factorial and reduced K-means reconsidered," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 1858-1871, July.
- Brusco, Michael J. & Steinley, Douglas, 2011. "Exact and approximate algorithms for variable selection in linear discriminant analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Gao, Jinxin & Hitchcock, David B., 2010. "James-Stein shrinkage to improve k-means cluster analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(9), pages 2113-2127, September.
- Isabella Morlini & Sergio Zani, 2012. "Dissimilarity and similarity measures for comparing dendrograms and their applications," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 85-105, July.
- Michael Brusco & Renu Singh & Douglas Steinley, 2009. "Variable Neighborhood Search Heuristics for Selecting a Subset of Variables in Principal Component Analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 74(4), pages 705-726, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.