Dissimilarity and similarity measures for comparing dendrograms and their applications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Advances in Data Analysis and Classification.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Day, 1985. "Optimal algorithms for comparing trees with labeled leaves," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 7-28, December.
- François-Joseph Lapointe & Pierre Legendre, 1995. "Comparison tests for dendrograms: A comparative evaluation," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 265-282, September.
- Ahmed N. Albatineh & Magdalena Niewiadomska-Bugaj & Daniel Mihalko, 2006. "On Similarity Indices and Correction for Chance Agreement," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 301-313, September.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Douglas Steinley & Michael Brusco, 2008. "Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(1), pages 125-144, March.
- Ahmed Albatineh & Magdalena Niewiadomska-Bugaj, 2011. "Correcting Jaccard and other similarity indices for chance agreement in cluster analysis," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 179-200, October.
- Fraiman, Ricardo & Justel, Ana & Svarc, Marcela, 2008. "Selection of Variables for Cluster Analysis and Classification Rules," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(483), pages 1294-1303.
- Genane Youness & Gilbert Saporta, 2010. "Comparing partitions of two sets of units based on the same variables," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 53-64, April.
- E. Fowlkes & R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring, 1988. "Variable selection in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 205-228, September.
- Tadesse, Mahlet G. & Sha, Naijun & Vannucci, Marina, 2005. "Bayesian Variable Selection in Clustering High-Dimensional Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 602-617, June.
- Meila, Marina, 2007. "Comparing clusterings--an information based distance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(5), pages 873-895, May.
- William Day, 1986. "Foreword: Comparison and consensus of classifications," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 183-185, September.
- Matthijs Warrens, 2008. "On the Equivalence of Cohen’s Kappa and the Hubert-Arabie Adjusted Rand Index," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 177-183, November.
- Michael Brusco & Douglas Steinley, 2008. "A Binary Integer Program to Maximize the Agreement Between Partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 185-193, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.