Variable Neighborhood Search Heuristics for Selecting a Subset of Variables in Principal Component Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 74 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry Kaiser, 1974. "An index of factorial simplicity," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 31-36, March.
- Dray, Stephane, 2008. "On the number of principal components: A test of dimensionality based on measurements of similarity between matrices," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 2228-2237, January.
- Lejeune, M.A., 2006. "A variable neighborhood decomposition search method for supply chain management planning problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 959-976, December.
- Goel, Asvin & Gruhn, Volker, 2008. "A General Vehicle Routing Problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(3), pages 650-660, December.
- Michael Brusco & Douglas Steinley, 2007. "A Comparison of Heuristic Procedures for Minimum Within-Cluster Sums of Squares Partitioning," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 72(4), pages 583-600, December.
- A. M. Geoffrion & R. E. Marsten, 1972. "Integer Programming Algorithms: A Framework and State-of-the-Art Survey," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(9), pages 465-491, May.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Michael Brusco & Stephanie Stahl, 2005. "Optimal Least-Squares Unidimensional Scaling: Improved Branch-and-Bound Procedures and Comparison to Dynamic Programming," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 253-270, June.
- Kaoru Fueda & Masaya Iizuka & Yuichi Mori, 2009. "Variable selection in multivariate methods using global score estimation," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 127-144, February.
- J. Ramsay & Jos Berge & G. Styan, 1984. "Matrix correlation," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 403-423, September.
- Yutaka Kano & Akira Harada, 2000. "Stepwise variable selection in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 7-22, March.
- Douglas Steinley & Michael Brusco, 2008. "Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(1), pages 125-144, March.
- Henry Kaiser, 1958. "The varimax criterion for analytic rotation in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 187-200, September.
- Cadima, Jorge & Cerdeira, J. Orestes & Minhoto, Manuel, 2004. "Computational aspects of algorithms for variable selection in the context of principal components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 225-236, September.
- Duarte Silva, António Pedro, 2001. "Efficient Variable Screening for Multivariate Analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 35-62, January.
- P. Bentler, 1977. "Factor simplicity index and transformations," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 277-295, June.
- Kristine Hogarty & Jeffrey Kromrey & John Ferron & Constance Hines, 2004. "Selection of variables in exploratory factor analysis: An empirical comparison of a stepwise and traditional approach," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 593-611, December.
- Brusco, Michael J. & Steinley, Douglas, 2011. "Exact and approximate algorithms for variable selection in linear discriminant analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 123-131, January.
- Pacheco, Joaquín & Casado, Silvia & Porras, Santiago, 2013. "Exact methods for variable selection in principal component analysis: Guide functions and pre-selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 95-111.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.