Synthesized clustering: A method for amalgamating alternative clustering bases with differential weighting of variables
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 49 (1984)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phipps Arabie & J. Carroll, 1980. "Mapclus: A mathematical programming approach to fitting the adclus model," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 211-235, June.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Multidimensional scaling by optimizing goodness of fit to a nonmetric hypothesis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Wayne Desarbo, 1982. "Gennclus: New models for general nonhierarchical clustering analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 449-475, December.
- A. Gordon, 1990. "Constructing dissimilarity measures," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 257-269, September.
- Tsai, Chieh-Yuan & Chiu, Chuang-Cheng, 2008. "Developing a feature weight self-adjustment mechanism for a K-means clustering algorithm," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 4658-4672, June.
- Douglas Steinley & Michael Brusco, 2008. "Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(1), pages 125-144, March.
- Gao, Jinxin & Hitchcock, David B., 2010. "James-Stein shrinkage to improve k-means cluster analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(9), pages 2113-2127, September.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Wayne DeSarbo & Richard Oliver & Arvind Rangaswamy, 1989. "A simulated annealing methodology for clusterwise linear regression," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 707-736, September.
- Willem Heiser, 2013. "In memoriam, J. Douglas Carroll 1939–2011," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 5-13, January.
- Geert Soete & Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll, 1985. "Optimal variable weighting for hierarchical clustering: An alternating least-squares algorithm," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 173-192, December.
- Balepur, Prashant Narayan, 1998. "Impacts of Computer-Mediated Communication on Travel and Communication Patterns: The Davis Community Network Study," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt6cb1f85c, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Paul Green & Jonathan Kim & Frank Carmone, 1990. "A preliminary study of optimal variable weighting in k-means clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 271-285, September.
- Stef Buuren & Willem Heiser, 1989. "Clusteringn objects intok groups under optimal scaling of variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 699-706, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.