A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 66 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. (Sundar) Balakrishnan & Martha Cooper & Varghese Jacob & Phillip Lewis, 1994. "A study of the classification capabilities of neural networks using unsupervised learning: A comparison withK-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 509-525, December.
- Glenn Milligan, 1989. "A validation study of a variable weighting algorithm for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 53-71, December.
- Geert Soete & Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll, 1985. "Optimal variable weighting for hierarchical clustering: An alternating least-squares algorithm," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 173-192, December.
- Robert Saltstone & Ken Stange, 1996. "A computer program to calculate Hubert and Arabie's adjusted rand index," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 169-172, March.
- Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll & Linda Clark & Paul Green, 1984. "Synthesized clustering: A method for amalgamating alternative clustering bases with differential weighting of variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 57-78, March.
- Paul Green & Jonathan Kim & Frank Carmone, 1990. "A preliminary study of optimal variable weighting in k-means clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 271-285, September.
- Geert Soete, 1986. "Optimal variable weighting for ultrametric and additive tree clustering," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 169-180, June.
- E. Fowlkes & R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring, 1988. "Variable selection in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 205-228, September.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Tsai, Chieh-Yuan & Chiu, Chuang-Cheng, 2008. "Developing a feature weight self-adjustment mechanism for a K-means clustering algorithm," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 4658-4672, June.
- Grn, Bettina & Leisch, Friedrich, 2009. "Dealing with label switching in mixture models under genuine multimodality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 851-861, May.
- Douglas Steinley & Michael Brusco, 2008. "Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(1), pages 125-144, March.
- Douglas Steinley, 2007. "Validating Clusters with the Lower Bound for Sum-of-Squares Error," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 72(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Gao, Jinxin & Hitchcock, David B., 2010. "James-Stein shrinkage to improve k-means cluster analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(9), pages 2113-2127, September.
- Michael Brusco & Renu Singh & Douglas Steinley, 2009. "Variable Neighborhood Search Heuristics for Selecting a Subset of Variables in Principal Component Analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 74(4), pages 705-726, December.
- Kim De Roover & Eva Ceulemans & Marieke Timmerman & John Nezlek & Patrick Onghena, 2013. "Modeling Differences in the Dimensionality of Multiblock Data by Means of Clusterwise Simultaneous Component Analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 78(4), pages 648-668, October.
- Krzanowski, Wojtek J. & Hand, David J., 2009. "A simple method for screening variables before clustering microarray data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 2747-2753, May.
- Guan-Hua Huang & Su-Mei Wang & Chung-Chu Hsu, 2011. "Optimization-Based Model Fitting for Latent Class and Latent Profile Analyses," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 584-611, October.
- Pacheco, Joaquín & Casado, Silvia & Porras, Santiago, 2013. "Exact methods for variable selection in principal component analysis: Guide functions and pre-selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 95-111.
- Brusco, Michael J. & Steinley, Douglas, 2011. "Exact and approximate algorithms for variable selection in linear discriminant analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 123-131, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.