A study of the classification capabilities of neural networks using unsupervised learning: A comparison withK-means clustering
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 59 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Milligan, 1980. "An examination of the effect of six types of error perturbation on fifteen clustering algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 325-342, September.
- Glenn Milligan & Martha Cooper, 1985. "An examination of procedures for determining the number of clusters in a data set," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 159-179, June.
- Hruschka, Harald & Natter, Martin, 1999. "Comparing performance of feedforward neural nets and K-means for cluster-based market segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 346-353, April.
- Roy Batchelor & George Albanis, 2002. "Combining Heterogeneous Classifiers for Stock Selection," Working Papers wp02-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Fish, Kelly E. & Johnson, John D. & Dorsey, Robert E. & Blodgett, Jeffery G., 2004. "Using an artificial neural network trained with a genetic algorithm to model brand share," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 79-85, January.
- Balakrishnan, P. V. (Sundar) & Cooper, Martha C. & Jacob, Varghese S. & Lewis, Phillip A., 1996. "Comparative performance of the FSCL neural net and K-means algorithm for market segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 346-357, September.
- Niels Waller & Heather Kaiser & Janine Illian & Mike Manry, 1998. "A comparison of the classification capabilities of the 1-dimensional kohonen neural network with two pratitioning and three hierarchical cluster analysis algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 5-22, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.